Tim Noakes Trial

(mcebis) #1

I do not know if anyone picked up and read the secret report from the article on ILSI being behind the case against Prof. Noakes. Basically the case against him was that he did not follow South Africa’s dietary guidelines which are the result of meticulous evidence based science and also right because they are similar to the US and Australia and New Zealand (etc). He didn’t take an adequate patient history over twitter. He was also disrespectful to the dietitian profession. To do the right thing he should have referred the lady to a registered dietitian because they know what they are doing.

I have attached it so you can read if you wish.

Wow. Have heard this before Jennifer Elliott and Belinda Fettke No Fructose and Gary Fettke.

I cold never refer a person with diabetes to a dietitian having read the DAA position on LCHF for diabetes. Dietitians may be wonderful people individually (although some are obnoxious trolls too) but the DAA has brought them all into a position of disrepute. SA dietitians seem similar in anture.

On those grounds I find Prof. Noakes INNOCENT. How about you?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8wI0BJ2R7tMdlMyUGdDOURJSnhDZnpjNURxendPOTZXSlVz/view

Been Following this trial, I my self am in South Africa it’s sad to see such a great humble guy get put though such stuff,

But it goes further Crunch time for HPCSA over Noakes ‘guilty’ blunder

Oh and the HPCSA did a trial of Banting, but the carb count was over 250g per day(or something like that)… so it speaks for it’s self.

I’m following Noakes trial very closely. I listened to the hours of the trial on youtube. He did a good job explaining the science behind LCHF, According to Nina Teicholz, who was asked to testify (as expert witness or something like that) said she noticed how the non-low carb eating participants of the event went from eating the pastries/danishes, offered on the snacks table, to not touching them at all by the end of the trial talks…I guess some of Noakes science talk started to sink into their heads!

(Jamie Hayes) #4

Although I’m enormously sympathetic for Time Noakes, I think this trial is exposing much of what is wrong.

I don’t know about the rest of Australia but all around Brisbane, we are seeing large billboards promoting GPs as your partner in life.

I feel like climbing up and adding words like “PS… half of you and your families will suffer a chronic disease and die earlier because of your food habits. Be aware, we’re not trained (or allowed) to advise you on what to eat. Please don’t ask us.”

(Danielle) #5

I’ve seen something similar to this in Melbourne today.

(Mark) #6

I like it, keto Graffiti, let the revolution begin!!!

(Kipp Howard) #7

If you don’t know much about this trial, there is an extremely good summary at ketovangelist in two podcasts. I had heard about this trial but didn’t know much about it:

Wow! Grrrrr, this stuff makes me mad.

PS: here is the RSS Feed for Ketovangelist.

(Arlene) #8

This stuff makes me mad too, however in the case of Professor Tim Noakes, he has presented such a VERY PUBLIC, thorough and scientifically supported case; it is my belief that the ruling authorities have seriously opened a can of worms on this one. It is blowing up in their faces, big time. You can watch all the evidence that was presented on his behalf on youtube. Many people will see this evidence, and they will also see the illegal and high-handed tactics of the ruling authorities. It’s high time these deplorable attacks against good people were brought out in the open for the world to see.

(ianrobo) #9

should remind people that the Trial will conclude on the 21st. If justice prevails he will be found not guilty …

I am fearful though …

(Keto in Katy) #10

Marika Sboros has been doing a brilliant job of covering this.

(ianrobo) #11

exposing the lies and corruption

(Jacquie) #12

No good deed shall go unpunished.

(Keto in Katy) #13

Based on Marika Sboros’ reporting I get the sense that the “prosecution” has utterly failed in their attempts to smear Prof Noakes. They have come across as unprofessional at best, and woefully incompetent at times.

That said, even if there were an unfavorable decision for Noakes, the overall movement towards carb restriction as an effective intervention, and exposing the corruption in nutrition/dietetic circles, is gaining momentum every day. The ship has sailed, in my opinion, and it is just a matter of time before it reaches a critical mass.

The usual suspects will continue to resist and introduce FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt) but too many people are getting healthier for keto/LCHF to be dismissed as a fad for much longer.

That’s my sense of things, and my hope.

(ianrobo) #14

Remember even if Tim is found ‘guilty’ will NOT stop a single thing he does, all about show for those against

(ianrobo) #15

2 days to go and so hoping Tim wins (or more importantly does not lose as there can be a draw).

(ianrobo) #16

Keep up to date tomorrow

Tim Noakes‏ @ProfTimNoakes 3h3 hours ago
More
Tim Noakes Retweeted Peter Cherry
Live streaming on @ewnupdates Should be clear as the morning progresses which way the verdict is likely to go. Likely over by late afternoon

Any news?

dietdoctor just posted infos whom to follow for live news:

(ianrobo) #19

Looking good

Marika Sboros @MarikaSboros
3m
Seems to me JA is giving basis for finding TN innocent. #noakestrial

(ianrobo) #20

Marika Sboros @MarikaSboros
8m
JA: not reasonable for HPCSA to say case about infant nutrition only. #noakestrial