TIM NOAKES found NOT GUILTY

(Jaidann) #12

This makes me so happy but it breaks my heart he had to go through this. Same with Gary Fettke. These people have information that can save lives and they are freaking hunted down like they are mad dogs. Totally pisses me off.

(John) #13

I was really afraid it could have gone the other way, not for any justified reasons, just to shut him up.

Though the accent is hard for me, the response of Joan Adams was terrific and sets a great precedence, following some advice you find online, even if written by a doctor, is not considered medical advice and does not establish Dr/Client relationship. Could you imagine if people could sue after watching a YouTube video about a diet?

After listening to Zoe, I don’t see how they could have come to a different result without severely damaging their respectability.

(Crow T. Robot) #14

He may well do this, and it would certainly be magnanimous on his part. However, I disagree about the cause of LCHF benefiting if he does. Right now industry is using the professional associations around the world as proxies and patsies to silence those who would hurt their bottom line. At the moment, dietitians and others who support dietary orthodoxy feel like they have free rein to lob accusations and cause trouble for people like Prof Noakes and Gary Fettke (and others) who are essentially risking their careers for the “cause”. Until there is a price to pay for vexatious complaints, they will keep using them to send a message to other professionals who might start to “get out of line”.

(Keto in Katy) #15

@Chris_W nailed it straight up.

These corrupt organizations seek to perpetuate chronic disease for profit. Make no mistake about it, they know exactly what they are doing. It is a business strategy to keep people sick and reliant upon medication. AHA, ADA, A-Whatever-A … they have been bought and paid for. You are not their constituency.

(Stephanie Hanson) #16

I screamed out loud when I saw it in my newsfeed. Now we need to free Dr Fettke.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #17

I love to swear too sweet pea, but the forum is more formal. You’ll get used to it. I did. I have “spoilers” everywhere.

(Steve Stephenson) #18

You make an excellent point!

(Arlene) #19

These kinds of things are meant to be a scare tactic to any other medical professional who might be thinking about going against the current accepted dogma. That’s why they make such a big deal of it. The more embarrassment, the better.
Getting the correct information out to the general public will have to come from the ground up, because the big food/pharma powers will continue to protect their profits, for as long as they can. Let’s not forget how deep their pockets are. The little people can not fight them, playing their game. Our game has to come from word of mouth, one person to another, demonstrating the truth from our results. It’s that simple.

(Richard Morris) #20

The ADSA responds

And they left their comments open.

(Steve Stephenson) #21

I left them this one:

The Noakes Trial brings to mind a similar set of events in Sweden starting in 2005 as chronicled in https://youtu.be/l55OjWS9pEc?t=5m6s.

The principal players:
Dr Annika Dahlqvist
~ Prof Tim Noakes,
Swedish Nat’l Board of Health & Welfare
~ Health Professions Council of South Africa and Association for Dietetics in South Africa.

The Swedish board reviewed the science for 2 years, then in January 2008 ruled that low carb diets were safe and appropriate for treating obesity.

Prof Noake’s defense very carefully and thoroughly described the science in support of low carb diets. Based on that science you should rule similarly to the Swedes (or better as you’ve had the benefit of world class expert testimony).

If you don’t you will eventually be marginalized by the citizens of South Africa who, by trying the low carb diet and finding that it works, will stop listening to you. No customers, no money.

My own n=1 experiment:
https://www.dietdoctor.com/healing-brain-well-pancreas, shows A1C decline from diabetic to normal; and
Lipid panel, shows excellent lipid panel trends (e.g., Trig/HDL=36/71=0.507 and all the “bad” scores are trending downward).

It pleases me to see that all the comments are pro-Noakes so far. I think it’s time the ADSA ate some low carb humble pie.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #23

That’s is INCREDIBLE @sks23cu!

Your medical history and recovery sound similar to mine.
Totes impressed you sent them your documented history!

(Steve Stephenson) #24

A reply I left:

that suggests archiving their comments someplace where they can’t mysteriously disappear. @richard you’re a software guru, can you do this easily; perhaps into Internet Archives? Saving a new version each time there is a new comment?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #25

Yeah @richard you guru you. Help this guy out. He’s a rockstar.

(Jacquelyn Graham) #26

(outlawpirate) #27

Justice prevails!!! So often our justice system fails the TRUTH, but this time it is a victory for the righteous! A beautiful day.

(Barbara Greenwood) #28

I’ve had a browse through the comments… boy, some people got very, very angry! I also had a look at ADSA’s own website and ended up in their position statement on low carb diets: http://www.adsa.org.za/Portals/14/Documents/2016/Oct/Summary%20Statement_Low%20carbohydrate%20diets_ADSA%20NSSA_17%20Oct%202016.pdf

Among the many pearlers in there is the statement that an extreme low carb diet would restricts carbs to less than 25g per day (yay! Keto!). It says, for example, one apple per day along with meat fish and pure fats, no other vegetables or fruit could be added as the 25g limit would then be exceeded.

Is there anyone - anyone at all - on here who has one apple as their sole carb source for the day? I mean - I know some people do ZC, so I’ll leave it to them to fight their own battles. But those of us doing ordinary keto… you just don’t go t a carb-rich food, do you? You eat green leafy veg, and salads, and some cheese and cream, and avos and nuts and a little 85% dark chocolate and still come in at 20g o thereabouts.

Sheesh. I mean - if you want to give a novel diet a fair crack of the whip, you really ought to ask the people who actually do it day in and day out what they eat, rather than constructing a flawed version yourself and shooting that down.

(bulkbiker) #29

Very true but that wouldn’t support their message…even in defeat they are being disingenuous … they cannot give up because their entire raison d’etre will disappear…

(Lucrecia) #30

I have been developing a bit of a theory about Keto people and specifically the Keto Medical “Gods” like Tim Noakes, Gary Fettke, etc. Without exception, every single one of these people seems to be over endowed with kindness, compassion, responsibility, reliability… etc etc. I mean our very own Richard and Carl, Brenda, etc etc are a perfect example of this. Do you get where I’m going with this people? KETO MAKES YOU KINDER and CLEVERERER (sic)! I’m absolutely convinced of this. And ja, did I mention how gobsmackingly proud I am to be South African! :slight_smile:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #31

High praise. Thank you.
I agree that @carl and @richard are angels, as are the docs you mentioned. Gary Fettke and his wife I did spend time with. They were only kind and compassionate.

I love these people. I have been privileged to meet and spend time with several keto crusaders in person such as Carl and Richard, @TomSeest, @LouiseReynolds, @Terri, @DaveKeto, @amber @tammy_steve1219
And many more.
I call these people my friends now.
All are bright, kind, honest, HUMBLE and passionate about this cause.

It was a dream to walk amongst literally hundreds of these grassroots crusaders at the Low Carb Breckenridge conference last February.

Come to KetoFest readers. You can experience the camaraderie too. :sparkling_heart: