TIM NOAKES found NOT GUILTY

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1

Write up by Jimmy Moore:
"The long nightmare witch hunt that Professor Tim Noakes has had to endure in a South African courtroom is now mercifully over–Verdict: NOT GUILTY!

This #lowcarb #highfat diet proponent and Real Meal Revolution author had been in and out of court since The Association of Dietetics there filed a complaint with the Health Professions Council over a tweet Noakes made about weaning a baby onto an LCHF nutritional approach. Anyone who had been following this story realizes this was a personal vendetta against Noakes who is deeply revered in South Africa for his promotion of the life-changing low-carb, high-fat #Banting diet.

The HPCSA announced today that they found no proof of unprofessional conduct by Noakes for that advice requested by a breastfeeding mother on Twitter. They ruled Noakes was not acting as a medical professional but as the author of a book on LCHF instead. When the verdict of this trial came down, Prof. Noakes raised his fist in the air before breaking down holding his head in his hands.

All of us in the #ketogenic community owe this great man a huge debt of gratitude for his courage to stand up for what is right. We’re at a crossroads right now in the #nutrition debate where people are finally doubting the veracity of the failed #lowfat diet approach. Hopefully this verdict empowers and reinvigorates others to speak out even stronger in favor of a diet that greatly improves health through the lowering of inflammation and insulin levels.

THANK YOU PROF. NOAKES! #keto #health #healthy "

(Michelle) #2

Best news I heard all day!!! Can’t even believe this went to trial. Biggest witch hunt ever.

YEAH Noakes!!

(Bacon for the Win) #3

restores my faith in a justice system.

(bulkbiker) #4

I just hope he sues their asses off for defamation…

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #5

I want this same outcome for Gary Fettke.

He deserves it. It saddens me. I was fortunate to meet Gary at the Low Carb Conference in Breckenridge Colorado two months ago. At one point I was sitting next to him at dinner and told him how the ketogenic diet not only cured my horrific T2DM, but also that the neuropathy on my foot had recently healed. I was touched at how interested he was in my story, and that he took the time to explain things to me. His wife was equally attentive.

These LCHF crusaders are truly angels. The kindest most caring selfless people you will meet. My life changed dramatically when I found this community. It makes me happy knowing I will be a part of it for the rest of my life.

HOORAY! Thanks for sharing this. What a nightmare he went through… and yes, Gary Fettke still needs our support. Unbelievable that these experts have to go through these ordeals just for caring and doing their job to help people.

(Steve Stephenson) #7

Prof Noakes talks about his victory

Joan Adams, chair of the court, reports results

Dr. Zoë Harcombe’s analysis of the trial

http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/truth-behind-worlds-most-cutting-edge-fat-burning-performance-meal-plan-keto

Timothy Noakes, M.D., is an emeritus professor in the Division of Exercise Science and Sports Medicine at the University of Cape Town. While his name may not ring a bell here in the U.S., he’s a full-blown celebrity in his native South Africa and one of the most accomplished exercise physiologists on the planet.

Referenced also is

Sami Inkinen, the ultrafit co-founder of real estate juggernaut Trulia, rowed with his wife from California to Hawaii in record time on a keto diet, to promote high-fat eating and raise awareness about the dangers of too much sugar.

I first learned of Prof Noakes and Sami Inkinen by watching the two Cereal Killer films on Diet Doctor.

Ah thats fantastic, well done Tim! :+1:

(Sascha Heid) #9

This man is a fucking hero!!!

YAY! This is terrific news and will likely have positive implications for our WOE.

(Steve Stephenson) #11

The LCHF cause would probably do better if Tim took a more magnanimous stance. Sugar burning flies are attracted more to honey than to vinegar, and we want everyone converted.

(Jaidann) #12

This makes me so happy but it breaks my heart he had to go through this. Same with Gary Fettke. These people have information that can save lives and they are freaking hunted down like they are mad dogs. Totally pisses me off.

(John) #13

I was really afraid it could have gone the other way, not for any justified reasons, just to shut him up.

Though the accent is hard for me, the response of Joan Adams was terrific and sets a great precedence, following some advice you find online, even if written by a doctor, is not considered medical advice and does not establish Dr/Client relationship. Could you imagine if people could sue after watching a YouTube video about a diet?

After listening to Zoe, I don’t see how they could have come to a different result without severely damaging their respectability.

(Crow T. Robot) #14

He may well do this, and it would certainly be magnanimous on his part. However, I disagree about the cause of LCHF benefiting if he does. Right now industry is using the professional associations around the world as proxies and patsies to silence those who would hurt their bottom line. At the moment, dietitians and others who support dietary orthodoxy feel like they have free rein to lob accusations and cause trouble for people like Prof Noakes and Gary Fettke (and others) who are essentially risking their careers for the “cause”. Until there is a price to pay for vexatious complaints, they will keep using them to send a message to other professionals who might start to “get out of line”.

(Keto in Katy) #15

@Chris_W nailed it straight up.

These corrupt organizations seek to perpetuate chronic disease for profit. Make no mistake about it, they know exactly what they are doing. It is a business strategy to keep people sick and reliant upon medication. AHA, ADA, A-Whatever-A … they have been bought and paid for. You are not their constituency.

(Stephanie Hanson) #16

I screamed out loud when I saw it in my newsfeed. Now we need to free Dr Fettke.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #17

I love to swear too sweet pea, but the forum is more formal. You’ll get used to it. I did. I have “spoilers” everywhere.

(Steve Stephenson) #18

You make an excellent point!

(Arlene) #19

These kinds of things are meant to be a scare tactic to any other medical professional who might be thinking about going against the current accepted dogma. That’s why they make such a big deal of it. The more embarrassment, the better.
Getting the correct information out to the general public will have to come from the ground up, because the big food/pharma powers will continue to protect their profits, for as long as they can. Let’s not forget how deep their pockets are. The little people can not fight them, playing their game. Our game has to come from word of mouth, one person to another, demonstrating the truth from our results. It’s that simple.

(Richard Morris) #20

The ADSA responds

And they left their comments open.