Three weeks in and then Oh No

(Vijay Bhakta) #1

Started Keto on the 23rd Feb and all was going well, hardly any signs of Keto Flu, felt I had bags of energy and less hunger but not yet had the feeling of total clarity and then this Wednesday came. I knew it was coming, but I was not prepared for how my body would react.

I knew my brother-in-law was going to come visit us for 4 days, I also knew that 2 days after he goes, we are off on a short holiday to Morocco, so I had initially planned to use March as a test period to dip my toes, but decided early on the commit to it and then see what happens.

Well, Wednesday thru to Saturday was filled with eating at strange (for me) times, having a few more beers than I usually have, though I fell I kept things sensible there, but the end result was probably 50-70g carbs a day, but far more protein than fat, so I had put on 4lb in 3 days, but not too bothered about that as had lost 14lb the 3 weeks prior.

My whole body feels really weird though, I have no feelings of hunger, yet I am hungry - I cant explain it, its like the old “fatty” demon is back on my shoulder saying "you want a bag of crisps/chips dont you… mmmm… mmmm etc) while my Keto angel is saying “nah you dont…” but then the beer demon is like “forget them 2 - BEEEEER” My knees are aching too, something that used to happen before, but had lessened the last few weeks.

He has gone now, and I am now debating on getting back on the horse today, for 2 days and then get off it again whilst on holiday, or to just say “*** it” and enjoy myself a bit (mainly beer and nuts rather than bread, rice, pasta etc) between now and Tuesday and simply not worry too much about it :slight_smile:

I know that come next weekend, I will be able to find that damn horse and get right back on it and all the water weight and pain will be but a distant memory come April (i hope)

(Pete A) #2

Right on. Good luck! Fatty food choices abound in Morocco, ENJOY!

(Vijay Bhakta) #3

Well, an interesting few days. Ate loads of bread, drank loads of beer and ate chips/fries everyday, not forgetting the cakes and ice-cream.

I didn’t find myself having sugar highs though, nor did I feel as hungry as I used to a few months ago, so getting back on the horse today was no real hardship - I don’t miss any of it, in fact, whilst on holiday, I missed my home cooked keto food.

Net result is a gain of 7lb, not sure of the impact in inches until Monday, but hopefully its mostly water weight and within a week I should be back to where I was mid month.

(Christopher Avery) #4

Congratulations on deciding to get back to keto.

(Karen) #5

You can do it! Remember why you are doing it

K