This weather is just not cricket old chap

(Ellen) #1

Hope everyone’s managing to stay cool(ish) and staying hydrated. I’ve had to dig out the SPF 50. If I wanted a “Summer” I’d live somewhere else (Yes, I’m aware I sound like your typical whinging Pom!).

(Allie) #2

It’s awful. I just tried to do my normal lunchtime walk but ended up struggling with just a gentle stroll…

(Ellen) #3

I’m at the point where I’m driving (and that’s not fun) to the local supermarket and spending 20-30 mins wandering round that as can’t do outside.

(Allie) #4

I just walked past the massive Tesco here and deliberately slowed as I passed the entrance so I could soak up the air con… we are not set up for this heat here.

(Ellen) #5

Nope! Manager actually went out this morning and bought us all desk fans, so we’ve got those on along with the 2 floor fans and it’s still vile in the office, although she’s also relaxed the clothing regs so we can wear flip flops / shorts etc if we want to.

(Casey Crisler) #6

My office is so cold I have to wear a jacket, hat, and gloves (sometimes). The temps for the next few days could hit 117. I live in Phoenix so it’s not really that unusual. Problem is hiking is dangerous in this heat.

(Ellen) #7

Well, that’s a bit warmer than here! It’s not so much the heat, had no problem with high 30’s low 40’s when I was travelling as everywhere was used to it and had a/c etc. I’m sure you know what you’re doing but be careful when hiking in those sorts of temps.

(Suzie Edge) #8

It’s even a bit warm here in NE Scotland…might have to take my sweatshirt off!

(Allie) #9

I’m sat at my desk in shorts with a fan blowing at me but still melting :weary:

(Ellen) #10

Yeah I heard you might be hitting high teens this week! Be careful :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Anne) #11

Weird weather everywhere! I’m in Washington DC and it’s been raining for days and will continue to do so. It’s practically biblical. And really, DC is enough of an actual swamp without adding even more moisture!

(Kerin ) #12

The humidity is drenching! We have rain today!
Although, I am not going to complain as winter is coming! On the bulky coats and hair messing hats!

I am not build for this weather :sob: ( i am in Holland) atm its 32c ( 90f) IN my house, temps outside will be rising
up to 34c (93f) outside over the next coming days. it is the biggest dry spel in 100 years sooo when we do get rain streets will probably fload because the gound is rock solid :no_mouth:

(Allie) #14

More of the same tomorrow. It’s after 9pm and still 30 degrees :weary:

(Casey Crisler) #15

“I’m sure you know what you’re doing but be careful when hiking in those sorts of temps.”

I only hike in the early morning or late, late afternoon. Just as the sun is going down. Hot but do-able. My cooling neck wrap really does help.

I’m not complaining, I’m actually warm for a change! But haven’t hoovered in ages as it is too hot for that!!

I am over it. I don’t like hot weather generally and this has been going on sooooo long. Wishing for sweet sweet rain / October.

I think ketosis and / or losing a little weight is making it slightly better than previous years.

(Ellen) #18

I apologise in advance in case the unthinkable happens, but if this weather continues, I may have to get my legs out, this would probably snow blind most of the S.E., so keep your shades with you people!

(Allie) #19

We have been told today that all dress codes are out the window tomorrow at work as it’s expected to hit 32 :frowning:

Bwah hah hah hah… bring it on! This is freaking lovely weather!
It used to get over 100f where I used to live. 80’s? Perfect

Scottish hubby on the other hand is melting into a puddle of goo…:joy: