This weather is just not cricket old chap

:zipper_mouth_face: it’s gonna be 36 here tomorrow and quite possebly 37 friday :sob::sob::sob::sob: i’m dying

(Allie) #22

I will be too as that 32 is the outside temperature and my office is glass fronted… :weary:

(Ellen) #23

I’m seriously considering taking a bucket to work to fill with water to stick my feet in. Apparently going to hit 35c here but next doors sign said 37c at just after 17.30hrs tonight. Would be quite happy if near pool / sea rather than stuck in office.

(Allie) #24

It’s already hot… I’m sat at my desk in my short shorts.
Spent a fortune on a mega powerful floor fan for my dog as he’s been really struggling, just the low setting creates a gale force wind and he loves it.

(Ellie) #25

I did that with my dog. I have an Akita and she is totally happy being snowed on, but anything over 25C is a struggle for her. Added to that she hates getting wet. I soaked her with the hose before I left for work today so that she will stay a bit cooler for longer and she looked at me with daggers like “I will kill you while you sleep…” Poor doggies. Fortunately where I am in wiltshire is isn’t due to hit the levels that are expected further east, but still 31C.

(Ellen) #26

Almost gave manager a heart attack, 10 years and this is the first time she’s seen my legs (not short shorts as no one needs to see my thighs or knees!)

(Allie) #27

This is so necessary now.

(Ellen) #28

Am seriously considering having one of the mivvi’s manager has in the freezer. This would be so much more bearable if I was by a pool, with people to bring me cold refreshing drinks and possibly fan me.

(Ellie) #29

Where did you get that in the UK???

(Ellie) #30

Don’t worry, found their website.
The only problem now is that there is a place near my work but not that near my home and I’m on a motorbike today. I wonder if I can buy some on the way home and get home before it melts…arghhhh!

(Allie) #31

Tesco stock it now, so do Asda, probably other places too… it’s not strictly keto, but I’m willing to take a hit every now and then.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #32

Don’t hit me, but the last time I was in London in July was in 1986, and the temperature was around 13. What a difference a day few decades makes!

(Ellen) #33

Hmm a little cooler than usual but not overly so, don’t think it’s been that low even at night for a while. Give it a couple of months & we’ll all be whinging about how cold it is!

(Ellen) #34

Forecast promised thunderstorms from 16.00 today, does this look like a storm??? I want a storm dammit.

(Allie) #35

We had them forecast too but stlll nothing. Still the threat of rain overnight which would be good.