This just in: You're powerless against junk food

(Jennibc) #41

I honestly didn’t realize there was any ‘ownership’ of threads on this site. I have to say I’ve been on this site since this summer and I hadn’t picked that up. I am a bit disappointed.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #42

@JustPeachy Aaaaand this is why I visit this forum in “cycles.”

I think we’ve gone down this rabbit trail enough.

Let’s keep our comments related to the OP (i.e. powerless against junk food) from now on.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #44

Thanks, Darren. You got any stories or input you wanna add about the article or junk food addiction in general? No deep dive, just random thoughts.

I, personally, hate most how marketing plays such a massive role in streamlining and normalizing junk food consumption so that anything else is considered “radical,” like Doritos nachos are the American thing to do during the Super Bowl but bacon roll ups or vegan hors d’ oeuvres are not. That kinda thing.

Random thought: When we have a pizza with a shelf life of three years, we’ve got serious problems in this world. :slight_smile:

(Stickin' with mammoth) #46

“Still remain good to eat” and “still be edible” are phrases in that article that will haunt me for days. If, like Napoleon said, an army marches on its stomach, that regiment won’t make it up the next hill.

Then again, I can’t fathom how they’d turn MRE’s keto without sacrificing taste so maybe I’ll just shut the hell up.

(Dawn O Miller) #47

I personally don’t understand myself why I keep going back to Huffington Post Health/Life nutrition articles to read piss poor journalism at work but I do, and they really are the worst.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #48

Do it for the comedy. When you’ve arrived on the sane side of the dietary disassociation fence about carbs, it’s kinda fun to read that stuff and shake your head sagely.

(Eliz~) #49

ROTFLOL!!! That is incredibly funny!

(Eliz~) #50

Well if I was fighting a war, and last days were not far off, I’d eat anything and probably enjoy a 3 year old pizza! LOL!