This is our new life!

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #21

One of my favorite before/after shots!

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #22

Try being half Asian! Criminy, I look asleep or stoned in most of my pics.

(Carl Keller) #23

Reading the diet doctor article made my spine tingle. That doesn’t happen very often from just reading something. Darren, you are such a great person and I’m super proud to know you. It really gave me joy reading your story. Great job to you and Lisa for taking back your health. Many blessings to the both of you and your future. :slight_smile:

Thanks to @juice for bringing this topic back up to where I could see it.

(Jane) #24

AMAZING!!!

Thank-you for being here to encourage others - your story is inspiring!

You know I think I recall reading that Diet Doctor story - just didn’t know you then :smile: Thanks for sharing it again!

(Jane) #26

This was a HUGE NSV for me. When I went from wearing baggy shirts to hide my fat rolls… to wanting form-fitting shirts to show off my new waistline!

I enjoy shopping for clothes now but still haven’t re-trained my brain to go for the “M” size shirts instead of “L”. I pick up a M and shake my head and say “no way” and then I try it on and it is like YES!!! Not all shirts - still wear a L in some styles but that’s ok.

Same here. Practically took the words out of my mouth, Jane.

Thank you, Carl. It’s really great knowing you too!

I always look forward to reading what you have to say, and more times than not, you’ve picked up my spirits, when I’m down.

(Marianne) #29

Wow; what an inspiration!

(Marianne) #30

My husband started about six weeks ago and loves it. Although he is in really great shape and fit, he still would binge on sweets and chocolate and had a small belly that none of his workouts have ever taken care of. He is losing that now and is so psyched because that has always been his Waterloo. He does “lazy keto” only in that he doesn’t want to research anything, just eats as I advise him. I appreciate that we are doing it together and don’t have any of the junk in the house.

(Susan) #31

This is an awesome transformation for both of you; and even more special that you did it together as a couple, and have and will continue to support each other.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #32

Wow @dlc96_darren, I always forget how much weight you really did lose. I’ve seen this a few times, but seeing you always like how you are, currently, makes the times I go back to this, even more jaw dropping.

But also tbh, Id love to go back in time and pinch your cheeks.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #33

How did I miss this thread??? You guys look amazing but I love that you feel amazing. I think it’s awesome you had someone to do it with. Keep up the great work

Echo-ing this post…Had no idea the thread existed!

WOW WOW WOW! Not only are you a great cheerleader @dlc96_darren , you and your wife are fabulous examples for a whole community here!

Love you guys!!!

Thank you Marianne! I certainly hope it is. Quite literally, we’ve been given a new lease on life, and I don’t take that for granted.

Lisa was planning on doing the diet herself, because she didn’t think it would be “fair” to make me do it. And I was like, “Hey, as long as you’re cooking it, I’ll eat it.”

It even surprises me too! It’s hard to believe that’s me up there.

Here’s an even more recent picture of me (taken today), modeling a birthday present I received from a dear friend.

Thank you, and yes, Username @PetaMarie, feeling good is amazing. I’ve often said I would have been glad to keep the weight, if I could feel as good as I do. The weight loss is just an added bonus.

Well, thank you @SecondBreakfast! But I’m not alone. This forum is FULL of wonderful, inspiring people! Present company INCLUDED.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #36

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

(Carol) #37

I also had missed this thread and happy it was revived. I’m so very pleased for the two of you especially reclaiming your health. You both look terrific!

Aw, thank you Carol.

I really appreciate that!