My new go-to soup is cauliflower, broccoli, onions, bacon (duh), Italian sausage, heavy whipping cream (double duh), homemade chicken broth and a ton of spices. Oh. My. Gawd.
There is a recipe for that. I made it. It adds cream cheese. My son tasted it and said
Ma this is the best broccoli cheddar soup I ever tasted.
Didn’t even know it was low carb. I bought broccoli with the cauliflower to make that too.
Yep, I add cream cheese too. And sour cream.
@FGH. I don’t do recipes, per se. I used to make this soup with potatoes. My portions are based on what size pot I’m using. But basically,
- brown the italian sausage, bacon,and onions
- add cauliflower, broccoli and any veggie you like (I’ll try radishes or brussel sprouts next time)
- Add chicken broth and heavy whipping cream (4 to 1 ratio). Your choice how much broth you like.
- Throw in some butter, cream cheese and sour cream… just go for it
- Add ALL the spices! (Garlic, Italian seasoning or basil, rosemary, parsley, Mrs. Dash (my fave soup seasoning), cayenne pepper, turmeric, red pepper flakes, smoked paprika, any good savory spice.)
- Simmer simmer simmer. If you need more broth as time goes on, add more broth and HWC
- I don’t add salt. It’s naturally very salty
Gets better every day.