There is no keto rulebook

warrior
goddess

(Dave) #171

Thank you for the information Fiorella, that’s good to know, I appreciate the info on your experiences. Yea I’m not a diabetic as well but for the same reasons would like to know what would knock me out and what foods cause a spike on myself also. Thanks again for the info!

Yeah…if only our bodies came with an operators manual, right? Like they say…knowledge is power. So, collecting data on how my body responds to food gave me the power to make better decisions. Wish you lots of luck on your journey :slight_smile:

(Richard Morris) split this topic #173

A post was merged into an existing topic: Free e-book

(Kathy L) #174

When’s the best time to test? 1hr after eating something? 2?

Somewhere between one and two hours.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #176

The “Keto in a Nutshell” has a detailed section with pics on the testing periods starting on page 8. A link to the summary is in

The link @Fiorella provides above to “Blood glucose meter newbie” includes a discussion string with Richard Morris answering questions that is helpful too
Testing helped me eliminate one of my fav treat beverages Bau, which was causing an extended pause in weight loss.

(Kathy L) #177

Is tgat the same as BAI? I have that sometimes!
Thanks for pointing me to this info!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #178

Yes @Lueloff I meant Bai :joy::wink:, spelling is my Achilles heal.

(Kathy L) #179

LOL - mine is no better! [quote=“Lueloff, post:177, topic:4418”]
tgat
[/quote]
I had one today -& checked BG -pre-drink ( morning fasting today) = 89 & 1/2 hr after BG =111.
I guess I don’t know what would signify a problem… :woman_shrugging:

(Marie) #180

Nice post - people can get too wrapped up In the technical side of ketosis. It’s highly individual and people struggle with and respond to entirely different things. FB is the worst - you get kicked off so easily - no discussion allowed.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #181

Thank you @Maried
YES they can. I’ve been on the ketogenic diet for three years and facebook support groups that entire time. I lost count of how many I was booted from. Such nazi dogma bullshit. It was unreal.
The 2KetoDudes Facebook group allowed discussion. So did my Keto Ninjas group before it. I am hoping many groups took that open discussion idea and are dropping the bad habit of trying to control members from doing critical thinking. It is how issues are solved!!
There definately is not one true way :slight_smile:

(Robert scott) #182

I agree. At least for me it was that way. I started searching over 10 years ago and now have found keto. Best I have felt in years.

(Kipp Howard) #183

I’m somewhat weird in that I’ve never dieted in my life. I have tried to eat less and work out more at times but never did follow any specific diet. Those approaches only work for a short time, obviously. After getting close to 30 BMI (226 lbs), started following the LCHF lifestyle in early September 2016 and am down 39 lbs. Will hit my high school weight in 1 more lbs and I never thought that would be possible. For me it was the science which convinced me to do a 6-week trial.

(James storie) #184

I’ll have to check Scott out, I too am a truck driver in ketosis!

(Dan n Tabitha ) #185

New to this forum. LOVE LOVE LOVE the 2KetoDudes, LOVE LOVE LOVE the podcast. First post done. Keeping calm and Keto’ing on.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #186

Welcome @KetoKouple!

Happy you enjoy the dudes. Me too. They have hearts of gold. They are my true friends.

OMG I forgot all about that! That was way back when when we were trying to figure out tags!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #188

Well hell. You can leave it. It’s nice. Lol

(Cheryl) #189

Yikes @Brenda , I was trying to see what the little dots were for and I might have accidentally flagged your post. I keep hitting the flag but it won’t go away. Sorry Cheryl.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #190

No worries. I think one of my admins removed it. Thanks for letting me know.