The Wedge Salad

(KetoQ) #1

One of my favs, and very keto friendly.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/foodfocus/ct-food-wedge-salad-best-chicago-gt-prime-20180613-story.html

(Aimee Moisa) #2

To get me started on keto I had wedge salad every day, twice a day for a week or two. It was practically painless starting keto that way.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #3

They are so yummy.

(Todd Gamel) #4

While it is true the can be very delicious with a good high fat home made dressing and plenty of bacon. Iceberg lettuce is not my favorite, but this is the only way that I like to eat it. While iceberg does have a nice crunch or tooth appeal, I prefer a mixed green salad with added spinach, but nothing wrong with a good wedge salad. They are easy to make and plate presentation can be really nice. The wedge salad is a uniquely American salad that has been around since the early 1920’s, and was pretty popular back in the 1960’s, but fell out of favor when other lettuces began to become more readily available.

(icky) #5

This sounds yummy!

Can someone copy and paste the recipe here? The website is currently unavailable in the whole of Europe due to our new data protection laws, that not all websites are compliant with yet :see_no_evil:

Thank yoooooooooou :kissing_heart:

(Bacon for the Win) #6

ok, that link is hilarious! hating on everything put on the shitty iceberg lettuce!

(KetoQ) #7

This recipe is for 8 servings.

1/2 pound crumbled blue cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
ground black pepper to taste
1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into 8 wedges
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 pound crumbled blue cheese

For some reason, this recipe did not have bacon. Add as liberally as you desire.

Combine 1/2 pound blue cheese, sour cream, buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, and pepper in a bowl; blend using a hand mixer; chill until serving.
Build the salad by placing 1 lettuce wedge on each of 8 plates. Drizzle equal amounts of dressing over each wedge. Scatter tomatoes, onion, and 1/2 pound blue cheese over each salad.

(Pete A) #8

My fave.

(icky) #9

Yuuuuuummmmmmmmm :heart_eyes:

(icky) #10

I have a rule: NEVER eat in a restaurant that uses iceberg lettuce

EVER

(Robert C) #11

I always thought wedge salad = laziest cook in the world.

What? Cleave a head of lettuce 3 or 4 times, douse and serve.

Now, with keto, I just see the lettuce as a wonderful fat transport mechanism.

That’s amazing!