The Spoon Method

(Jake Burns) #1

Hands up if you after cooking some meat or high fat food you take a spoon and instead of dipping off the fat you simply consume it by the spoonful!

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #2

Last time I cooked eggs I used half a packet of butter, then when I finished frying I poured the butter all over the eggs, then when I ate the eggs, I licked the plate. :smiley:

(Pete A) #3

All the time! :grinning:

(Carl Keller) #4

I miss taking a piece of bread or biscuit and wiping clean the inside of a frying pan I just finished cooking a juicy steak in. Last night I gave it a couple of good licks… couldn’t help myself. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Daisy) #5

I did that with my ghee last week from my eggs! So good!

(Cindy) #6

I can do that with my homemade mayo. :smiley:

I ‘finish’ my veg in the pan juices while the meat rests & then pour any excess over my meal - it’s a waste of precious potassium (& yumminess) to do otherwise :yum:

(Carl Keller) #8

I would have done that but my meal was steak and eggs. I fried the eggs in a another pan… but yeah, broccoli fried in steak grease is definitely a good thing. :slight_smile:

(Ken) #9

I like pork rinds dipped in fat. That’s what I scrape the pan with. Especially after frying bacon.

It’s fat with fat sauce.

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #10

I eat it or reuse it to cook with. It adds great flavor to the next meal. Although I have to admit the first few weeks I threw it away, not thinking at all about using it and preconditioned to think of it as bad for you.