The Smokers Thread for Everything BBQ - You Know Who You Are!

(Missy) #101

After reading a bunch of reviews about the Anova on different sites and the different problems people were experiencing with the Anova, I decided to go with the Joule after much deliberation. I’m hoping I made the right decision.

(Ernest) #102

Yes you did.

(Ernest) #103

Take a peak of my arsenal…
Spring cleaning

Well some of it…oh don’t judge me!!!

(Missy) #104

Wow! It’s no wonder why your food always turns out looking so beautiful. That’s a pretty impressive arsenal you have there.:grinning:

(Doug) #105

Ernest = Going to War. :smile:

(Marta Loftfield) #106

Is there an indoor smoker? I have always wanted to smoke meat but we have bears so outside is not going to happen!

Thanks,
MountainGirl

(Ernest) #107

Not unless you use a smoking gun. But it’s only slightly effective, for small items.

(Central Florida Bob ) #108

There are gas ovens and ranges that vent outside. Would something like that work?

It’s low and slow cooking, after all. Just another form of cooking.

Just trying to think outside my (smoker) box.

(Chris W) #109

Not outside of commercial equipment, very expensive.

(Doug) #110

Ha! Great picture, Untraceable. (Although a little scary, like you are incubating aliens.)

(Marta Loftfield) #111

Not sure about those units @OldDoug bears are scary enough!

(Chris) #112

Spatchcock’d 2 birds on the drum yesterday. Pulled the meat and tossed the bones, and giblets into the instant pot with some carrots, acv, garlic and other random spices into the instant pot and made a broth. Tried making egg drop soup for supper tonight. Looked like hell but tasted fabulous

(Sophie) #113

I think the looks are all in the technique…

(Marta Loftfield) #114

@OldDoug I’m jealous :blush::blush: is that a Kamado grill?

(Chris) #115

I’m going to tell you, the effort I put in was pretty weak. And I didn’t want to add corn starch either. So it was really just a chicken soup w/eggs

(matt ) #116

Isn’t that rough on the ol energy bill running 24/7?

(Ernest) #117

I haven’t noticed any difference.

(Chris W) #118

If the container is well insulated you should see minimal increase. The heater element is hardly on, and the turbine uses a small amount of power. Water is also more stable than air so gives off heat much slower than air will. I have left my smoker running for a week solid at 225 and it is well insulated as well, my energy bill was a couple dollars higher than normal, and it was hot so it could have been easily the a/c units.

(Doug) #119

It’s Untraceable’s grill, Marta. I was commenting on the cool picture… Does look good.

(Marta Loftfield) #120

@OldDoug thx, @Untraceable looks great. Is that a Kamado grill?