The Sewer's Thread (get it?)

(Liz ) #21

:smile: Thanks kindly! I’m in my studio right now, and my scraps are overwhelming lol

(Stickin' with mammoth) #22

We’ll help, but only if you promise to post pics of them on Beggar’s Night.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #23

You know, in a city as big as Portland, Oregon, you’d think there’d be a place that exchanges sewing bits. I may have a look around, you’ve inspired me.

(Liz ) #24

On a serious note, all my friends sew clothes and I have always been so admiring, but I never tried it myself because I never wanted to work that hard to make something to fit a body I wasn’t happy in, you know? But I wonder if, when I reach goal weight, I might like to take a class :blush:

(Liz ) #25

I swap scraps with all my friends! If you use social media, Instagram is a good place to let folks know what you’ve got.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #26

In the meantime, you can get your feet wet making infinity scarves and other things that will fit you no matter what, they’re usually doable with only a yard

(Liz ) #27

Yes!! I have the fabric picked out already, a lovely printed cotton lawn.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #28

My scarf hack: if there’s enough fabric left over from a pair of pants or top, I make a scarf for accessorizing. I now have over two dozen to play with.

You win! And I thought my stash was big. :smile:

For me it’s the cottons and funky stuff.

Ooooo, I’m a true spring and it’s so difficult for me to find fabrics in my colors. I need to go to your fabric store with the bitchy staff.

I’m coming to your place for pattern-making lessons.

(Linda Culbreth) #33

You might try a trip to the local thrift store. The ones in this area usually have material - some even have patterns and other sewing notions.

HAHAHAA, i thought I was the only one!

I am not an avid sewer like you gals, I only make very simple things that don’t require patterns, but I would like to be :slight_smile:

oh no, this is dangerous, i can already feel my wallet getting thinner and thinner, and not from keto :grin:

(Sophie) #36

This seems to happen to me frequently also. And they can’t ever order more and if they do, it’s the last 2yd pc in the universe and the thing arrives fucked up anyway! Been there done that lots of times. :roll_eyes:

“Tailoring”! :joy: :rofl: :joy: Too funny! My t-shirt is only 6 Seams!!! + some hemming. If I can do it any one can too and that’s the truth! I’ve tried light and airy stuff but I never could rock a bag look. I always felt like that was for the ultra thin but my mother was great at it. On the other hand, it always makes me feel like a homeless person minus the shopping cart!

(Stickin' with mammoth) #37

Hey, for some of us, the “bag look” is an improvement. Any time I can prevent crowds running from me and screaming, it’s a good day.

You guys got me off my ass and into the sewing room again, time to make some yoga pants.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #38

In my case, it’s the Schumacher fabric that costs $60/yard . . . (sigh)

(Stickin' with mammoth) #39

(cough!)(hack!)(wipes coffee off keyboard)

(Sophie) #40

OMG! Honey, Totally Hearin Ya! That Designer Stuff is fricking DELICIOUS!

Loved This!

And as I was sitting at the sewing machine it, came to me that we could have a KetoSew LOL!
I don’t know what the hell we’d sew but sew-alongs are fun! We could raffle off whatever for donations to the Dudes. Or let them do it at the next KetoFest. Just thinking out loud. Hmmmm Keto Pillows might be fun outta scraps from an article of Phat Clothing that no longer fits! Maybe it’ll give someone a little hope.

Lets Hear Some Ideas you beautiful, unique and creative ladies/gents.