The Only Way Is DOWN

DOWN on the scales and DOWNSIZING in my clothes!
Hi all, my name is Catherine, my height is 5ft 3inch… I am currently at 90kg would prefer to be 70kg.
I am a return member, not to this site but to the Keto Way Of Life in general. About 10 years ago I lost about 35kg, from 105kg down to 70kg, I have tried to do keto a few times since, but find it very hard as I don’t seem to have the mental focus as I did in the beginning. I cheat too often (thinking it’s ok as I will start again MONDAY!!).
So I decided to join a group of motivated individuals on the same path as me… and hopefully stick to the straight and narrow.!
Thanks for reading and accepting me.

(Susan) #2

Welcome to the forum, Catherine and good luck for staying on track this time! You can do this, just ask any questions you might have, and we are a very helpful, encouraging bunch here =).

Welcome Catherine! Yeah, I guess the first place to begin is in the mind. Check out the wonderful keto recipes on youtube to replace any cravings you might have. That can help you from falling off the waggon during the process of becoming fat adapted.

(M.) #4

Hey Catherine,
Also joined yesterday for pretty much the same reasons. Just thought I’d give you a wave .

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #5

Welcome to the forum and good luck on your keto journey!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #6

Welcome Catherine. You know it works for you and that’s a great starting place!

(Marianne) #7

Hello and welcome.

Sounds like you know the basic principles from having done this successfully in the past. To make it easier on yourself, I would say for the first 2-3 weeks, make the same or similar things for breakfast and lunch. Things you really find delicious and easy and don’t mind having again - eggs/bacon/sausage for breakfast, etc. For dinner, make a delicious piece of meat that is ample in size and have that with a vegetable in butter or bacon grease and/or heavy salad. Not a huge fan of veggies, but I do like veggies in butter or bacon grease or a heavy salad with full fat dressing. In the beginning, I didn’t have the energy or motivation to fuss, and I didn’t, but still ate deliciously.

What helped me avoid cheating were two things: 1) eating enough food; 2) eating meals I found delicious. I was eating enough at each meal to hold me comfortably until my next one. The food was so delicious, I looked forward to every meal. I really believe this helped with my carb and sweet cravings as I didn’t have any trouble staying away from things I didn’t want to get into.

If you do cheat, don’t beat yourself up and shake it off. Don’t wait until Monday to get back on. Just pick up again with your next meal. There is no perfect formula to do keto. The main thing I know is to keep the carbs as low as you can.

Good luck.

Welcome to the forum. You sound a lot like me. Done Keto before (actually Atkins way back) , but just couldn’t get back on track. Like you I just couldn’t get mentally focused enough to put forth any effort to keep on track. Sick and tired of being sick and tired is what finally got me back on track. Good luck.

Thank you everyone,
Actually yes it was Atkins back then :blush:, I think joining this site I feel a bit more accountable for my actions, and I am just going to take it easy, not try to rush it as I have done in the past.
I have a couple of motivations ahead aswell, ie - April I am going to a wedding as (partner of father of the bride), plus I have been invited to the brides 'Hen’s Night… with quite a few 20 year olds! So want to wear an outfit that is at least half trendy! Goodluck to you all aswell :blush: