The Old Folks Knew It!

(Germaine M Schweibinz) #41

I do make my own ground burger meat, once you eat that , you can’t go back.

Grinding meat is almost no time for me (I need to clean my grinder but I use it extensively first if possible) but I only once tried to make sausage… I just grind and add spices, I don’t have a tool to put the meat into the intestine (I made one tiny sausage by hand :D) and honestly, I don’t need that shape, I go for the flavor and texture only :wink: But I have a bunch of salted intestine now, it costed almost no money but still, what a waste… Maybe one day I won’t be lazy…

I mostly make frikadellers but it’s the same as sausage without the intestine, isn’t it. It is to me. Fried sausage spiced ground meat.

Moms always taught their kids never ever buy ground meat in the supermarket here so I never could bring myself to do it :smiley: But it’s cheaper and better to make my own anyway, less garbage (that’s very important for me. I rather don’t eat meat but hate buying it with a ton of plastic. I allow it very rarely when I am curious and that kind of meat is only available that way) etc.

This is an old thread, I just hope I didn’t repeat myself much…

(Bob M) #43

Do you use a hand grinder or electric? I use electric, but my wife’s family has a hand grinder.

I always liked this recipe:

It’s the only sausage recipe I’ve made so far.

(Germaine M Schweibinz) #44

That looks great, I will try this!