The Obesity Code Podcast Pilot with Dr. Fung and Megan Ramos

IMG_4667

(Carpe salata!) #2

Loved it. It was like the 2kd lounge mix.

(brian) #3

Great show liked the commentary by Carl and Richard and amazing story by the guest

(đ૯αท ʍ૯ઽƬѳท) #4

A perfect balance of everything.

Loved it including the Music to code by soundtrack - kept the flow :nerd_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Carpe salata!) #5

"Loved it including the Music to code by soundtrack - kept the flow :nerd_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: "

For sure!

My favourite take away - when the guest said " I was keto before I stepped out of that office !"

It made me feel so good for her. She saved herself all the indecision, surgical complication and poor health.

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #6

I loved it too. It was reminiscent of highly produced podcasts such as This American Life. Great show!

(Cheryl) #7

Really loved it!!

It was so good to hear Dr Fung and Megan again. Such a wealth of practical and scientific knowledge between them. Also to hear other experts like Taubs and Teicholz explain some of the science as well as the history of the low fat phase was great. Can’t wait for the next installment. Fantastic inspiration also from their guest/patient. Will certainly be listening to the show again. Thank you Dudes. Loved the music between the presentations too. :clap::clap::clap::smile:

I loved this!

I especially liked the way Carl kept control of the story-line. We got to hear the patient tell her story in her own words, and got great content-rich clips from Dr. Fung and others, but without a lot of the banter that sometimes feels (to me, anyway) like annoying filler.

Sometimes the experts can go on forever, digressing and circling around the point (which I also sometimes enjoy) but this was so FOCUSED. I loved it.

(Paula Green) #10

You are right - focused is the word. It was a great podcast. I can think of many others that could do with a Carl/Richard makeover :slight_smile:

(Michelle) #11

For more info on this (says Oct. 9th it’s launching hopefully):

https://idmprogram.com/podcast/

(Val Bundy) #12

I thought the same thing

(EJ) #13

Yes! This show was great. I appreciated getting hear Megan talk without silly (I’m being polite using that word) interruptions. These two have a wealth of knowledge and experience and I’m excited to hear them in a professional and serious podcast. Thanks Carl and Richard for giving these two a podcast worthy of the information that they have to deliver.

(Mark Rhodes) #14

I posted this elsewhere in the forums but also thought it belonged here.

This podcast could easily be mistaken for a NPR investigative piece. I can not imagine the intensive effort it took to produce and selfishly wonder if the production of this could limit the 2KD podcast that I also enjoy? If I had to choose, IDK which way I would currently go, both formats are so valuable to me.

The style, content and personal nature of this podcast lent itself well to me after I dropped my bias of expecting a Q & A based on listening to other podcasts. Then I could hear the narrative tell me a story I became involved in, occasionally saying, huh, that sounds like me OR my wife Jamie must listen to this, this is her story. The struggles are so similar. Because I identified I also became more entrenched in listening to the application of the information.

I now want to pound the door down to hear other Obesity Code podcasts, so gal and fellas, get cracking!!!.

PS: Is there a patreon account for this as well?

(Mel Soule) #15

Carl & Richard

While I have not listened to every single previous podcast, I have listened to most and enjoy them all. This new OC podcast/format is a new high water mark. Well done. No doubt the result of considerable time and effort, the result is engaging, informative and memorable. It is deserving of a patent/trademark as the new KetoPod.

(Marc) #16

Very good episode!

(Samer Marcos) #17

I LOVED this episode! Exactly how a podcast should be. Informative and well planned ahead of time, with nice relaxing music, correct mic volumes for all guests etc… And without annoying host trying to make too many jokes all the time :slight_smile: . Good job guys!

(Robert) #18

Just wanted to chime in to say Kudos and Thanks for this podcast! I’ve listened to them all (pretty sure! lol) and this one was up there near the top of my favorites. I heard on the subsequent podcast that you had some dislikes for the music but I thought it was designed well.

(migorstmarseille) #19

Loved this episode. Is there anything beyond the pilot at this time? I’ve looked for it on my podcast app (Overcast), but have found nothing. Keep up the great work, 2KD!

(Karen Parrott) #20

I have to say, I am LOVING the Obesity Code Podcast. I enjoy hearing the mix of Dr. Fung, Megan, and the experts. @carl narration and hosting is on point and soothing to the ear. I can relate to many of the stories.

As a medical professional, having MD’s, RN’s mixed with lay folks and good podcast production I appreciate the mix. Off to give a 5 star on iTunes.

Keep up the great work!!