The magic pill pro Keto documentary

(Patricia Ingraham) #41

To get the word out about this wonderful documentary I have started sharing the Diet Doctor Facebook post from earlier this week.

Maybe if I share it often enough a friend or two will check it out. One can only hope!!

It was wonderful-my husband was so upset watching it. I am hoping it spurs him toward keto woe.

Macadamia Fat Bread
This is the recipe from the woman featured in the film.
Just watched it last night - must have just been added to Netflix in Australia.

(Bacon for the Win) #44

Thank you! Don’t know why I couldn’t find that.

(Steve) #45

I forwarded it to my Father and his wife as well as my niece and nephew (the latter two want to try keto for a number of reasons). My Father’s wife responded in about an hour with nothing but contempt. When I asked her if she watched it all (which she obviously hadn’t as it’s an hour and a half) she didn’t answer, only stated that it was a bunch of lies.

I let it go. People with closed minds. :frowning:

Yep, asked my parents to watch it (dad has stage 4 lung cancer) and have gotten them several books and cookbooks. Not much of a response. I am seeing them tonight and maybe they will ask questions :crossed_fingers:t2: I guess we can lead the horse to water, but…

(Kirk) #47

That’s too bad. It’s hard to help people when they won’t open their minds to new data.

(Steve) #48

Yeah…my Dad’s been thumbing his nose at it for weeks. Last time I ran into him, he said I looked older (guessing a fatter face hides more wrinkles) :wink: - also accused me about being obsessed with this (I’m a little obsessive by nature). Said I should give it a rest for awhile as losing too much weight too fast isn’t healthy. Told him my doctor was thrilled with the results and he just uttered “Fine!” and walked away.

I think we need to get someone like Oprah to go Keto to get all of these closed-minded couch potatoes to actually listen. :slight_smile:

(Brian) #49

Some people will stick with what they believe to be right even when other people show them that they are completely wrong. I can’t explain it.

I know of some people who’s diets are killing them, literally. They think they’re eating healthy because that’s what they’ve been told is healthy, for many years. And that’s what they’re going to do even if it kills them. After all, there are doctors who have told them so.

It is sad. Many will agree that you’re doing something good for you but wouldn’t do it for themselves despite seeing what it does for you. Some will say you’re killing yourself and will spit venom at every opportunity despite no evidence at all, only something like “their doctor said…” And then there will be a very few who will actually entertain seriously what you’re doing, may even try it for themselves. Unfortunately, the last group is usually pretty small. :frowning:

(Steve) #50

Yeah, I know my Father’s on a myriad of medications…I haven’t been pushing it, but answering any questions that he may have. Wish I could get him to listen. It’s just a matter of time until he has a stroke or a heart attack. (and all of those meds have to be killing his liver and kidneys). sigh

At least my niece and nephew are going to try it (and I have a lot of recipes to help them on their way) :slight_smile: Hopefully they both sign up here as well. This community’s pretty damn awesome!!! :):grinning:

(Brian) #51

Yes, it is! I’ve tried out various Facebook pages and there are a lot of real wacko’s out there. I think this group is by far the most friendly and civil group I’ve ever been a part of. No, we don’t all agree on everything, but it’s usually very civil when it comes to disagreements and it’s rare to see any substantial personal attack. Lots of good people here and I really appreciate that. :slight_smile:

(back and doublin' down) #52

me as well! I’ve been Keto for about a month, around this forum for just a handful of days. Connection keeps me feeling supported and encouraged. Reading that others are on similar journeys and sharing experiences is quickly becoming a vital part of my total plan.

Caught the documentary last night and couldn’t wait to ready what you all thought of it! Loved the mindful connection to our food and our earth.

You may want him to watch the Fasting Cure on Prime. The first half seems a little out there because it is about this Russian sanitarium where people go to fast. However midway they talk about fasting as an adjunct to Chemo and other treatments for cancer. I wish I had known about this when my beloved mother in law (you read the correctly, I adored her!) was struggling with lung CA

Thank you so much for the tip! I will let him know it’s out there for him to watch. I just relistened to the Thomas Seyfried podcast and it’s so frustrating that this info is out there if people would listen…

(Ashley) #55

Strange I have prime and I couldn’t watch it on there, did manage to on Netflix though!

(Steve) #56

What country is it on Netflix? (the fasting cure)

Not on either Netflix nor Prime in Canada. :frowning:

(Ashley) #57

Not finding that in prime on USA either, may be Netflix

(Ashley) #58

Based on her saying it’s about a Russian health place, I believe she means “science of fasting” which is on prime

(Susan) #59

I watched it on Netflix 2 nights ago.

(Steve) #60

Not finding that title on either Netflix nor Prime in Canada either.

(would actually help if you said which country it IS available) I might be able to use my VPN service to “travel” to that country. :slight_smile: