The magic pill pro Keto documentary

(Ashley) #61

USA prime. My apologies!

(Steve) #62

No worries.

Turns out, YouTube to the rescue. :slight_smile:

(Ian Keith) #63

i found it on netflix. It wasnā€™t very entertaining or informative. It seems to target people who have never heard of the word keto. Most of the information on there you can find in health magazines and on top hits of a google search. However following the families was interesting though I skipped to the end to see the results after watching half of it. There are some amazing ted talks about keto that do a much better job informing people about the actual physiological process associated with ketosis and the benefits of nutritional ketosis.

This two is my favorite

(Kirk) #64

I watched it on Canadian Netflix. My provider is Bell Media. Donā€™t know if that makes a difference.

Just checked, still there.

(Raj Seth) #65

Itā€™s on Netflix in the USA too

(Steve) #66

Yeah, sorry, wires got crossed, we were talking about ā€œthe science of fastingā€.

Thank you. It was called the Science of Fasting not the Fasting Cure

(back and doublin' down) #68

Watched that on Amazon Prime last night. Totally fascinated now. ā€¦and thinking of studying through the Fasting threads now for some EF guidance. Iā€™ve been doing IF for a couple of weeks now and drawn to the benefits of a longer fast.

Great documentary by an Australian chef / health crusader! Having been doing Keto for a while now, this didnā€™t come as surprising at all. It is well worth watching for any newbies as it is a great introduction. However, itā€™s not all as it seems. Iā€™m not sure the earth cannot support a wold full of 6.5 billion ketoites, so we either need to stop breeding, grow steaks not cows, or come up with some other solution. Anybody have thoughts on the food production side of Keto?

(Steve) #70

Actually, I think the earth can support that many (14B is another matter). The difference being the portioning. If people are only consuming about the amount of protein that they actually need, then we may just have more than enough production right now (we certainly have enough production to support all of north america).
Weā€™ve been exporting a lot of meat to China. (but I also know we import a LOT of chicken wings from Brazil - at least in Canada)

If we get the portion sizes down to reasonable levels (and yes, all of the carnivores in here are going to jump on me - ā€œWe love our 16+ ounce steaks - bugger off you!ā€ :wink: Yes, Iā€™ll miss them as well, but we donā€™t need that. We all know that excess protein ends up being stored as fat.

Once we get the portion sizes down, there will be less demand - so maybe we can get away from grain-fed animals and get back to pasture-raised animals. (making everyone healthier by getting the Omega 3/6 balances better). Iā€™ll bet that grass fed cows likely give off less methane as well.

We do need better population control though. We need to repair the environment before we allow populations to grow much more. We also need to solve the worldā€™s demand for fresh water. Someone needs to come up with an energy efficient way to desalinate water. If we donā€™t, the next global conflict could very well be about water (and Canada/US sitting on 25% of the worldā€™s fresh water supply puts us firmly in the cross-hairs).

(Michele) #71

Finally got to watch The Magic Pill. So many great moments - yes that means tears :slight_smile:
The improvements for the autistic children, the improvement in health and cessation of insulin for the diabetic woman, the cessation of headaches, for the mother on 6 or more medications, the joy in dancing for the aboriginal women, not guilty for Tim Noakes, the look of Pete Evans face when it was explained how good for the earth sustainable farming is, the reformed vegan who talked about growing animals is good for the land, (sorry about the spoilers). What it and cry with happiness. Except when they talk about the BS weā€™ve been fed for so many decades about nutrition.