The holidays - will you extend your food choices?

(Jane) #84

The trick to a moist, flavorful turkey is brining it for at least 24 hours before you cook it.

Or just have beef LOL

(Susan) #85

My turkeys are always very moist -I cut holes in the top and use tons of butter in them, and it is delicious and really most. I just made one for our Canadian Thanksgiving, everyone here gobbled it up in no time, I made it on the Sunday, and the rest was consumed on the Monday. I didn’t even have any to make my hubby a sandwich for work on the Tuesday.

Butter surely does good to the taste and I easily believe there are great turkeys for other people. It may be moist but it’s not some fatty delicious pork and not even salmon, the part with skin and extra fat… I’m not into pheasants either, that’s a bird too, after all and not fatty but it’s considered great. Hey, I was disappointed when I tasted wild boar! The deer was nice but pork is still better. But I like the fatty parts, I don’t even remember tasting leaner parts…
Each to their own.
I surely would taste some nice turkey as a guest, I just wouldn’t put effort into buying and preparing it.

on carnivore fowl come in a lot lower on the food scale. No one yells how much chicken they ate and love… :slight_smile:

I used to inhale chicken thighs and if I roasted a whole chicken I would steal all the skin parts but now…I can’t stand chicken skin hardly and don’t like thighs at all.

best I can do is a skinless boneless chicken breast and throw the butter at it.

it is good for a taste change every now and then I guess for me

Yeah, when I eat chicken now it’s almost like eating fast food… my body is like “ok that was interesting now when are you going to feed me???” :laughing:

I put chicken now as a side to a steak. Kinda like if I got a smaller steak cause it was on sale and not enough, then I think, ahhh, chicken is a great side bite to it :slight_smile: