The great keto reboot

(German Ketonian) #1

Hi guys,

yeah, I have to admit: In beginning of December, I’ve quit keto for 5 months up until now. Reasons were manifold. I was at a difficult place in my life and needed some carby comfort, if you know what I mean.

But, it seems that my body didn’t agree with everything I did. I completely lost my sense of right food amounts and appetite control. At one time, I ate 1,5kg (approx 3.4lbs) of chocolate. So I got really destroyed by sugar.

As of May 1st I’ve made the decision to get back up on the horse, despite resistance within my inner circle (who were also somewhat responsible for taking the step away from keto - “It’s so weird to see you eat”, “we can never enjoy the same meals”…)

So, now I am back (with a vengeance). The interesting point is that it took me only 48 hours to register .3 on my blood meter. I guess this due to the fact that my body “remembers” how to switch to being fat-fueled. This is super motivating!

Anyway, just needed to get this off my chest. I’m grateful for this forum and its comprising members as a source of guidance and motivation!

Zimon

Hi Zimon
Welcome back!!
Hope you enjoy your keto way of life again. :avocado:

(betsy.rome) #3

I too am rebooting.
2 years keto, fell off the horse during the holidays. Though fat-adapted and eating keto, I gained 10 lbs doing sloppy keto, overeating carbs & keto treats.
10 days on strict keto with 16:8 IF and 36 hr ADF (alternate day fasting) a la Dr. Fung’s protocol has taken off 5 lbs!
It works, people, it works.

(Karen) #4

Welcome back Legacy and Zimon!

K

(Doug) #5

Willkommen zurück, Zimon. I am not sure that is the right way to say it, but good for you for returning. While I am not saying that anybody should eat carbs, my experience is that yes, we do “remember” how to burn fat. We may have delayed further improvement, but past gains take a long time to be lost.

(German Ketonian) #6

Lovely, @OldDoug, and absolutely correctly spelled (dunno about the pronunciation, though :yum:). It’s good to see that I am responding well to the keto diet again. I’ve not been hungry at all lately, and dropped 5 pounds in 2 days already (although weight loss is not really my goal).

Inspiring.

Thank you.