The Great Instant Pot Instant Inspiration Thread

Oh yeah, I remember seeing those… thanks for the tip, I’ll try once the memory fades or we repaint the ceiling :joy:

My IP mind map of all the recipes I’d like to try :wink:

That’s actually very impressive! :exploding_head:

I finally figured out that the words on the bottom left side were websites, not recipes names. :laughing:

I had to write them down in a more readable manner, I was running out of space :joy:

(Jane- Old Inky Crone) #25

The very best online recipe collection is from “Amy + Jacky Pressure Cook Recipes”. If you google Amy + Jacky and whatever you want to cook their recipes are complete and accurate.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #26

@JaneyMae I was looking at that yesterday, thank you! :cowboy_hat_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #27

Can you explain this Sandy? I don’t know what NR is or why you would need to lengthen the cooking by one hour? Which seems like ages in pressure cooking time?

:cowboy_hat_face:

It is, it takes forever to hear that “cling” of a depressurized IP :slight_smile:

NR means natural release-after the IP stops cooking, you can quick release the steam to open or let it naturally depressurize and then open. With NR, you prolong the cooking time, since it continues to cook under decreasing pressure and some mentioned that if they released too quickly, the meats weren’t quite as tender. The longer the cook, the longer the time it takes to naturally release :slight_smile:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #29

Here’s the basic steps for my

Portuguese Linguiça Chicken and Kale Soup

I started with a half eaten rotisserie chicken from the store. Pick all the meat off and save all the bones and the tail fat, and wing tips. Make a batch of bone broth with the carcass and tail, I added a little ginger root but you don’t need to add anything to it. Strain and discard the bones.

In your Instant Pot on sautee put

90g. Of sliced onion (optional if you’re really limiting carbs) and 1# of thick Linguiça slices with a tablespoon of olive oil. Fry it for a while and add in washed Kale with stems removed torn into bite sized chunks. I used 150g. Continue frying until wilted.

Next add 1 can of diced tomatoes and juice, mine was 411g. And I added 175g. of cauliflower chunks. Top it up with stock, I filled to the half way between 1/2 and 2/3 marks of a 6qt. pot. I also added a couple of bay leaves, thyme, some coarse ground black pepper and pink salt to taste. And 240g. of the chicken parts from the picking. Cook On soup for 2-3 minutes. I whisked in 2 teaspoons of Xanthan Gum into a tablespoon of Olive oil and a little butter in an egg pan till bubbling and lightly colored. Whisk that into the soup for a lightly thickened starchiness that imitates the normal texture of this soup which traditionally has potatoes, cannelli
beans and a little rice. I just subbed cauliflower and left those out of course. :man_cook:t3:

4 min for the eggs is awesome! You’re helping me formulate my official request to the fam for a special purchase :smirk:

(Deborah ) #31

I do the same thing, but 4 minutes would not be done enough for me (still soft). I cook mine for 7 minutes and they come out perfect. I quick release immediately, though, maybe that’s the difference. :slight_smile:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #32

Chinese Red Cooked Chicken Gizzards and Hearts

This a tiny dish for a sample picture, I’m not eating till later today.

1 package of Chicken Gizzards and Hearts…mine was about 350g. Cut Gizzards into bite sized pieces and rinse.

Half a small yellow onion diced in 1/2” chunks and 15g. of ginger sliced

1 cinnamon stick and one star anise,
1 tsp. fennel seeds and 1tsp. Sichuan Peppercorns and (1 T. dried tangerine or orange peel optional)

(alternatively you could use Chinese 5 spice powder if you don’t have access to the whole spices, I would guess 1 teaspoon but add it when the liquid is in.)

3T. Kikkoman Soy Sauce
100ml of Chinese Rice Wine (shaoxing) or a dry light wine substitute like sake or Chablis or even cooking sherry
2T. Erythritol

I started sautéing the meats in a frying pan with 2T. Bacon grease

In the Instant Pot on sautee put a bit more bacon grease with the onion, ginger and dry whole spices. It will become very fragrant and make you hungry so watch out! Put the contents of the meat pan and drippings into the pot and continue cooking while you add the sauce ingredients. Top it up with enough water that it almost covers the meats.

Taste and correct the flavor if necessary. Set to pressure cook for 50 minutes. :man_cook:t3:

What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!
(Deborah ) #33

This sounds great! I love gizzards and hearts. My only disappointment is that the packages I find only have a couple or 3 hearts among the gizzards (hearts are my fav).

(Full Metal KETO AF) #34

@debg I got 13 hearts in a 12oz. package. These taste awesome, you would never think organ meat! When you vent the pot it smells like spice cake almost! Really delicious :yum:.

(Mandy De Fields) #35

My electric pressure cooker is a brand other than instapot but, of course, it’s used in the same manner. I found a really fabululous resource for me (having never used a pressure cooker of any description) was the book and website from hippressurecooking.com One of my favourite recipes is the Tender Soy Braised Beef Shortribs. I hope you enjoy your IP :slight_smile:

I really want to try Jackie&Amy’s egg custard! Maybe tomorrow I’ll whip out the good old IP and try :slight_smile:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #37

@Meerkatsandy I am going to try the Mississippi Pot Roast soon because I love Peperoncinni and have wanted to try that anyway. Their recipe doesn’t use the packaged Ranch Dressing mix but the dry spices that would be in the mix. There’s a couple of non keto ingredients but I thought they could easily be substituted for with cream cheese and maybe some sour cream. :cowboy_hat_face:

Uuu, please share the results :slight_smile:

We can definitely ketofy recipes and/or adjust to personal preferences :slight_smile:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #39

This is me in action! I have made two things so far and haven’t used a recipe from any websites about IP cooking. I’m definitely going to do that Mississippi Pot Roast though.

https://www.pressurecookrecipes.com/instant-pot-mississippi-pot-roast/

:cowboy_hat_face:

Man, I do love chuck… I bought half of my butcher’s inventory on Saturday, so I will try this once I empty the freezer (probably next week :joy: )