The Great Instant Pot Instant Inspiration Thread

Man, I do love chuck
 I bought half of my butcher’s inventory on Saturday, so I will try this once I empty the freezer (probably next week :joy: )

(PJ) #41

Ha! I am doing this all the time, all my life – in every possible subject! :laughing:

(PJ) #42

https://www.pressurecookrecipes.com/
Looks great, thanks.

@David_Stilley I think I’ll need this, as well :joy:
Because IP :wink:

https://www.thekitchn.com/instant-pot-air-fryer-22930696

(Full Metal KETO AF) #44

@Meerkatsandy That’s cool. :sunglasses:

Just don’t start with the French Fries!
:rofl::rofl::grin::cowboy_hat_face:

@David_Stilley :joy::joy:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #46

Salvage Soup

Last night I started a 2900g. batch of sauerkraut and I roasted 14 chicken legs. Steven and I ate 3 legs each for dinner and I peeled the rest of the meat off the bones and made bone broth overnight (4 hours at max pressure. I had 1 kg. of cabbage cores and leaf chunks, along with a couple of broccoli stems and cauliflower leaves from the bottom of the head. I made a favorite thing I like to call “Salvage Soup”. Anything in the fridge that must be used! Came out delicious. :yum:

I

I used the chicken meat and skin with the drippings from roasting them. I added 60g. of tomato paste, thyme, bay leaves and garlic granules. Yummy!

:cowboy_hat_face:

(PJ) #47

Looks delicious!!

I let it do the ‘soup’ thing for 2 hours – I wanted to try more but wasn’t sure of the result.

I recently upped my roast beef recipe from 45m to 1h which ruined it completely – live and learn! Now I’m hesitant about overcooking!

But now that I’ve discovered bone&stock broth (I mix bone broth and a broth made from cooking the **** out of a torn up rotissery chicken – all the meat still on it except I eat some of the breasts), my body’s so happy about it, I’m suddenly almost wishing I’d got the 8qt IP, since the 6qt only makes 4qt of stock (you can only fill IPs 2/3 of the way). I feel like I want to make sure I have some kind of quart-a-day endless-supply of the stuff, it’s so wonderful.

Aside from scallions I don’t have much produce in my fridge anymore because I spend so much time composting it, I’m losing my faith in myself for ever eating it if I buy it. But if I consider it in light of ‘maybe I could add it to broth’ this could restore a few things. :smiley:

I probably shouldn’t browse recipes during my fast days. :rofl: But normally it’s a way of distracting me from food actually; it goes to “future planning.”

PJ

(Full Metal KETO AF) #48

@RightNOW So I did it in two steps, the first was just bones and cartilage for 4 hours overnight. That was the bone broth.

The next morning I strained it and made the soup. I usually only cook soup 3-4 minutes with vegetables and precooked meat like sausage or roasted chicken. Longer and it’s over cooked I think.

Meats like beef chuck or pork butt I would do for 50 minutes. I haven’t tried cooking chicken in it yet. :cowboy_hat_face:

My way of cooking broth:
Beef - 2 hours HP bones, natural release, then I drain the bones, broth into a pot, bones back to IP, I add veggies (carrots, whole onion, bay leaves, peppercorns) and an osso bucco, fill with water and another 2 hours on HP, natural release, drain into the pot with the first batch. I place veggies and meat in a separate dish and add them as needed or give it to the dog :slight_smile:
Chicken: whole chicken (older chicken), fill with water, 45 minutes HP, natural release, drain into a pot, remove the meat from the carcass, carcass back in, veggies+spices, water, 30 min HP, natural release, drain into pot with the first batch. I found that chicken carcass is so fragile, even that first round of 45 min is cutting it close. If I would have just carcasses and bones from rotisserie, I would do 1 hour HP, natural release.

(Failed) #50

Here’s my IP recipe for low carb Egg Drop Soup. It’s done in the IP, but not pressure cooked.

Ingredients

• 4 Cups Chicken Stock or Broth (I use Swanson)
  • 1/2 to 1 stick of butter
  • 1 tsp Xanthan Gum mixed with 2 T olive oil
  • 1 tsp Garlic salt (use more or less to taste)
  • 2 tsp Onion powder (use more or less to taste)
  • 3 Eggs (Beaten)
  1. In a small bowl, mix 2 Tbsp of oilive oil with the xantham gum and set aside.
  2. Add the broth/stock, butter, onion powder, and garlic salt to the IP, cover with the glass lid, and bring to a rolling boil using the sauté on Hi function.
  3. Slowly add the xanthan gum mixture to the boiling stock, whisking constantly.
  4. Beat the eggs, then give the broth a good clockwise stir to create a whirlpool, and drizzle the eggs into the broth in a circular clockwise motion.

WAIT 5 SECONDS, THEN SLOWLY STIR IN A CLOCKWISE MOTION,

1. Bring back to a rolling boil for about 1 minute and set to Keep Warm until ready to serve.

(Candy Lind) #51

Interesting, never saw this! Does it keep the XG from clumping?

(Failed) #52

It sure does. I tried melted butter, but it doesn’t work nearly as well. I find that the longer it sits, the better.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #53

My latest Instant Pot creation from my personal recipe. Enjoy. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Paul H) #54

Please tell me that’s just tomatoes?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #55

Sorry Paul, same family different plant.

husk-opening-on-tomatillo-green

You can find canned ones if there isn’t fresh as a last resort. As a absolutely last resort you could make a resemblance of the stew with green enchilada sauce. It will be ok but lacking the fire roasted flavor. Try a Latino market.

(Paul H) #56

Thanks for options and now I know what they look like roughly
 I can’t run from Mexican food.

(Splotchy) #57

I’m in the U.K. and have just got an instant pot. I’m not a natural chef, but this going to be useful. Already it swiftly turns tough meat and fibrous veg, plus seasoning/stock into delicious meals.

Plus it takes all of 3 mins to render celeriac mashable. Mash it with philly and butter removes the sour edge, I defy anyone not to enjoy as an accompaniment to any keto meal.

I’m keen on sharing keto tips with Instant Pot. For starters has anyone any success with cheese soufflĂ© (usually with cauliflower or similar?). Thanks in advance.

(PJ) #58

Thanks, yep! The chili verde is technically better with them. But today for example I only had about 2 cups of puree that I’d frozen some time ago. So I had to use tomatillo verde ‘sauce’ in the jar. It’s not as good, it has more spice, less fresh taste. But it’s still pretty good, certainly it’s better than not having the dish at all.

My current batch is on slow cook right now, after pressure cooking earlier. I had a first taste mug of it an hour ago, it’s about time for another. I usually end up adding a little more big cracked black pepper (like half peppercorns) and charnushka seed for the low dark notes. Those spices are like the deep pipe organ notes of stew.

Brief sautee of the minced poblanos, jalapenos, red jalapenos, serranos, and a tiny bit of red and yellow cayenne.

Tasting mug

Up close. Sorry it’s not clearer but it was rather difficult trying to manage the food and the camera in one hand lol

Normally this dish is greener. The jar’d tomatillo sauce which is most of this batch is darker, and I actually used fewer peppers and more onion than I normally do. It tastes a little different than normal, slightly less orgasmic but still very good.

Chili verde is spiced meat – the sauce is super thin – but I make it so there is probably 6x the amount of liquid because I love it so damn much. I suppose people could add some kind of flour and xanthan if they wanted to thicken it a bit.

PJ

(PJ) #59

I just realize he was responding to you – I thought I had posted my chili verde recipe here! :smiley: