The Great Big Public Keto Before And After Thread!

(Kelsey O ) #83

I started my weight loss journey at 220lb in February 2016, but I started my health journey in November 2017 at 181lb when I started Keto.

I lost 40lb by working out twice a day and following a clean eating plan. It was successful in making me lose the weight, but I burned out after a year when I plateaued and couldn’t find the time to meal prep and workout as much as I was. I ended up taking a break and maintained my weight for 6 months.

I was immediately interested in Keto after seeing results and learning about the types of foods I could eat. I had a friend doing Keto at the time that passed along all his research and findings which got me excited and motivated about trying it.

Since Starting Keto in Nov 2017, I have lost 18lb, but I am more excited that my body composition has changed, my energy is up and I have taken control of my health and stopped focusing solely on the scale on weight. I have an incredible support system from my hubby who keeps me motivated and focused. We do the research and try new things to see what works for us which has made this whole thing an incredibly experience.

I make a conscious effort not to preach to people but with Keto, they see my progress, what I eat and usually initiate a conversation about it or ask questions. My sister, sister in law, best friend and her husband have ALL started Keto in 2018 and love it.

People always ask me if I’ll do this forever… right now I feel like I could because I am happy, healthy, and enjoy the food I am eating. I still have work to do but Keto really is a lifestyle that has changed the way I view my health!
Keto-Progress

(gayle) #84

Carl~ LOVE YOUR T-SHIRT " toes are better than french fries"
It’s been a year and 60 pounds for me. I broke my ankle August 17, but I slowly kept at it. So happy for your success!

(Mary) #85

Unbelievable body recomp! Looks like way more than 18 lbs gone…

(Raj Seth) #86

^^This^^ people just dont get it - its NOT a diet plan. its a WOL/WOE

(Karen) #87

Goodness, you are set for the beach! Looking toned.

K

(Dawn) #88

First of all, your bathing suit is EVERYTHING! I love it and it fits your so well. Secondly, I am pretty much amazed by your success. I feel so inspired. How long did it take you to reach your goal weight? Can you tell me more about your journey?

(Laura Ray Fisher) #89

My husband and I have lost over 150 pounds combined in less than a year. I found keto last April of 2017. I was so tired of being big and in pain everyday. I had been doing low carb and lost 10 pounds over a 2 month period but my body was still hurting. I would wake up every morning and have to limp and hold on to the wall so I didn’t fall down. Everything cracked and ached in the morning especially my feet. Mind you I am only 34. I felt like I was 90! I have been over weight for pretty much my entire life. I was honestly just waiting for the day that I had a stroke or heart attack. My heart would beat erratically after I would eat on a daily basis. I was put on statins at the age of 27. I was type 2 diabetic with high blood pressure and was literally a ticking time bomb! I found keto accidentally when researching about how to cure achy joints naturally. It lead me to read about inflammatory foods and such. I would have never thought about foods causing physical pain before but it totally makes sense now. So I continued to read about keto and thought… This is exactly the diet that I need to follow! I could lose weight and not be in pain! So I began my lifestyle the day after Easter. My family was absolutely against it. They supported me but wanted no part of giving up sweets and breads. However as my weight continued to fall off… One by one each member of my household decided maybe they would give it a try. We are a family of 4 and we were all very over weight. We are no longer that family of heavy people. We now look like average sized people and feel so much more healthy and happy! This way of eating has not only helped save my life but has spared my whole family from a slew of possible health problems. We are Keto for life!

(Laura Ray Fisher) #90

Replying to add more pictures

(Liz ) #91

Outstanding! And so glad your family is on board now. That happened with me, too. And the way you describe the foot pain on waking, and the aches! I had the same thing. Ugh! So glad that’s gone. KCKO!

(Jane Hull) #92

I am 1/2 way to where I want to be. The 2nd pic is last Dec. The first pic is today when I bought size 12 pants! I have dropped one dose of metformin and me knees feel great and I have lost 29 lbs. My last A1C was 6.1 and that was only 1 month in. I am at 3 months now.

Holy smokes Francesca!! What an amazing accomplishment, well dome you! You are where I hope to get to. Now with keto and fasting a 7/8 seems possible. Thanks for showing it can be done!

Wow Kelsey. What amazing progress. 18 pounds? Seriously looks like 40!

Jane you should be smiling in that second picture. Good job.

(Jane Hull) #97

Thanks, I was just trying not to look down at the camera. Me and selfies don’t mix.

(Dena) #98

Jennifer, you two are adorable together! And congratulations on your weight loss. You look fabulous!

Kudos for your courage to post, kudos for your accomplishment!

(Jennifer ) #100

Thank you!!

(Mohamed Elsherif) #101

I wasn’t super overweight but I was still very unhappy about being out of shape, and I am no stranger to diets, I have tried a lot of things over the last decade, with varying degrees of success, and I tried keto before a couple of times and couldn’t stick with it for different reasons but kept trying over the past couple of years and eventually I could get a rythem and it worked its magic, I lost 30lbs in the first 6 weeks, the good thing I always keep track of my weight via Lose it and Fitbit Aria scale yay tech so here is a look

I started just before Thanksgiving and by Christmas time I lost a ton of weight, and since then I have been trying to keep the momentum with moderate success but the good thing is I am still in the race, most other diets would have failed me by now.
Wish my luck

Beautiful before, and, even more beautiful & way more healthy after!

Go warrior woman, you’re a shero!!! :sparkles::pray: :herb::butterfly: :sparkles:

Congratulations you two sheroes!!! You both look radiant and are an inspiration. :sparkles::avocado::sparkles: