The Great Big Public Keto Before And After Thread!

(Karen) #154

Legs trimmed up nicely too!

KS

(cheryl) #155

You look great … how long did it take to lose the 68 pounds ? I started the last week of February 2018 and I have lost 18 pounds… I am setting 20 pound at a time goals so 2 pounds to go on my first hill :smile:

(cheryl) #156

Simply Awesome.

Good job! I have been keto for just about 11 months, and I am still on the road. I would like to lose about 75 total, but am in no hurry. I lost the first 50 in about 6 months, and the remaining has been slower to come off, which I understand is normal and I am patient! (BTW - just so you know, I have not done perfect Keto for the past 11 months. But the true miracle for me is when I do slip, Keto has been the easiest thing for me to get back on the right track! This is my true miracle - that has never been an option on other WOEs before!). KCKO!

(Mike Glasbrener) #158

Sounds like my childhood!

(Nathan Hall) #159

2016APR-oblique
4 April 2016 - 245 lbs. (Daughter’s face whited out because this is a public thread.)

2017FEB-SW
February 2017 - 197 lbs.

26 April 2018 - 188 lbs.

My name is Nathan. What have I lost on Keto? High blood pressure, sleep apnea, chronic back pain, recurring eczema, elevated blood sugar, and about 57 lbs. :slightly_smiling_face: I have never felt healthier.

What did I NOT LOSE on keto? My job. You see, I’m in the military and am required to not exceed a specified height to weight (or height to waist circumference) ratio. In April of 2016, I definitely exceeded that. I was in danger of not going to required schools to keep my rank (big pay cut), and if it continued, I could loose my job.

Initially, I just cut back on my carbohydrates a bit, since that worked for me a few years earlier. I had some moderate success. (~10 lbs.) Later in April I heard about the Ketogenic Diet. On a whim, I did a search in a podcast app and came across the 2 Keto Dudes. June 1st 2016, I decided to give Keto a honest shot. By August of 2016, I weighed in at 212 pounds, only exceeded the weight requirement by 1 pound, and easily passed the waist measurements.

By February of 2017 (Pictured) I weighed 197 pounds. I include these to show that, not only did I lose the weight, but I’ve kept it off for over a year. I’ve also continued to see health improvements and hope that friends and family will be able to experience the same.

Friends wake up call or not so much
(Arlene) #160

Very impressive transformation!!! I’m guessing you will be a walking example of what “healthy eating” truly looks like. Thanks for sharing your story.

(Dawn Meyer) #161

I have been on the Atkins diet for approximately 2 years. I am at a decent weight, however would like to loose another 10 lbs. I do not totally understand the Keto diet versus the Atkins diet. I try to stay in the phase 1 or 2 of the Atkins diet. I have not introduced low carb bread or anything like that during the Atkins diet. I am confused by reading some of the remarks. Some saying they eat fat bombs and many of the low carb keto recipes include almond flour which I have never introduced into my diet. Is there a book or can someone tell me a website that will help me understand how phase 1&2 Atkins diet is different from the Keto diet?

Well done Nathan! Inspirational… I started keto 12 weeks ago and my original goals were 1) reduce BGs(T1D for 45yrs) 2)Lose weight (having followed medical advice of low fat, med carb “diet” for many years and struggled with weight for at least 40 years of this).

After only 12 weeks I’ve lost 8kgs, significantly reduced my BGs (average FBGs of 3.5- 5.0 90% of time).BUT the most significant thing for me is improvement in mental health (never felt better!). This wasn’t an original goal but WOW!!!.

Great to read your story. Thank you for sharing with us.:smile: Ali

(Raj Seth) #163

@NathanHall Isn’t it wonderful how you look different everywhere? Your face now shows features, unpadded with fat. Looking great, and I am sure feeling great! Congratulations :+1: :muscle::muscle:

(Victoria Mc Coy) #164

Welcome, Dawn! I’d recommend The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living by Phinney and Volek and The Obesity Code by Jason Fung for starters. There are a few key differences that make a huge difference for those of us with metabolic issues. (@devhammer and other Forum Admins, I know this should probably move to another thread, but don’t know process or etiquette on that, so will leave that to you!)

(Justin Jordan) #165

If you don’t mind me asking, how tall are you?

(bulkbiker) #167

Before me 322 pounds 44 inch waist
After me 214 pounds 34 inch waist
No more reflux, indigestion,sleep apnea, snoring, Type 2 diabetes or a huge gut!

(mags) #168

That is fantastic Mark. You look really well. How long has it taken you?

(bulkbiker) #169

Most of the weight loss in the first 9 months… have been keto for over 2 years. Last HbA1c 28.00 mmol/m

(Davy) #170

I am reasonably new to all this. I started dieting in March and its now May…so less than 2 months and i have lost 3 stone.

I fast between evening meal and evening meal apart from a coffee bomb in the morning so that’s about 22:2. I have so much more energy now. I am running 3 miles every morning before work. And am tired enough to sleep for 8 hours when I go to bed, knowing that I am still burning fat in my sleep! lol

I did have a slip up about 3 weeks into it, in the form of pizza and beer, but i have been good since and am certainly reaping the

rewards for it now!

(Nathan Hall) #171

I’m 6ft 2in (74in)

(mags) #172

Brilliant! Have you had any problems with loose skin? I have about the same amount as you to lose. 30lbs down so far. And I do worry about it.

(bulkbiker) #173

To be honest I am a bit saggy around the middle but not too noticeable… I think IF helps with that and I do that every day as well as some extended fasts. I’d rather bit a bit saggy than have the weight tho…

(mags) #174

You are right of course. I’m just being vain! I IF & do a 3 day EF every week. I battle with the 3 day sometimes because I get so hungry on day 2. Its working so far tho and have been losing about 3lbs a week. I love the food :grinning: