The Fritatta Equation

(Sophie) #1

I’ve been using this as a guideline for making my Fritattas for years now. It’s easier when I go looking in the fridge for stuff to use, which is usually leftover veggies and bits 'n pieces of cheese left hanging out. Thought it might help others for ideas!

1. Eggs… Beat 8 eggs in a large container and add salt and pepper

2. Pick 1 or 2 Veggies… Add up to 1.5 cups of your favorite cooked veggies, like sauteed mushrooms or onions or broccoli, spinach etc.

3. Pick a protein (or not, because the eggs are protein)… Add up to 1 cup of cooked sausage or bacon, ham whatever.

4. Pick a cheese…Add 1 or 2, about 1 cup total of shredded cheddar or crumbled blue or grated parmesan, etc. (sometimes I just use up all the bits and pcs. in the fridge)

5. Pick an Herb… Add 1 and use about 3/4 cup of fresh, mild herbs like basil, chives, cilantro or use 2tbs of fresh stronger herbs like chopped dill or rosemary

6. Extra Flavor Booster… Add 1 tbs. Dijon mustard, lemon zest, Sriracha or pesto

Preheat the oven to 350F.

On med-high, heat one tablespoon of olive oil in an oven proof 10" skillet. Add your egg mixture and pull the edges of the outside towards the center to let the uncooked egg run underneath. Do this a couple of times then let the eggs set again for about 1 min. Remove skillet to the oven and bake for about 15mins until the top is just set. Don’t over bake. Remove and let it stand for about 5mins before inverting onto a plate to serve.

(Bacon for the Win) #2

love this. pretty much how we do it too. All depends on what’s in the fridge at the time.