The Diet of the Mountain Men

meat

Which are?

(Bunny) #22

…are substances that can only and exclusively come from plants!

… every adipocyte looks the same (whole body energy expenditure) when certain substances are ingested (intercellular communication) but not when these substance are not present which prevents the storage of fat into the cell but then you have the problem of getting the extra storage out (intracellular transcriptional factors)?..

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #23

…and their names are?

Specifically, the three that you mentioned up thread.

It can’t be that hard. On the other hand, it looks like it is.

Do you expect to be taken seriously?

There are a lot of things that only come from plants, and a lot of them are toxic…

(Bunny) #24

I would ask meat only eaters the same question? Because they will NOT live very long as result of restricted volume and spectrum of what is possible, I have seen no culture on record that only eats meat and has any kind of longevity if they even exist? But then people will cite Hong Kong for longevity and others, the problem with that kind of thinking is they are also resistant starch eaters and they eat and drink exotic phytonutrients also and meat only eaters I do see are all fat or getting fatter if they are not pumping iron and don’t look very well even if they are?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #25

I wouldn’t state it so boldly as that. There is reason to believe that may be true, yes; proof, not yet.

I have proof but I’m not ready to speak up.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #27

Do please share it soon. I’m not getting any younger, you know. :grin:

You can not make statements like this at all Bunny and expect to be taken seriously. You are not the universal authority on any eating plan and longevity of that plan on this planet. To say meat eaters on plan will NOT live very long is so wrong and misinformed. The Bear, about 50 yrs zero carb. Many long term zc people are 20+, 15+ and doing extremely well and have corrected health problems.

Now do not get me wrong here, many who start new eating plans, no matter what plan they adopt have histories of other life situations and of course years of eating junky. So when ‘everyone bites the dust’ we can not willing say ‘their only meat eating ways did them in’ cause I can easily say the return to you…how many people die daily from disease and whatever else as you put into ‘meat eaters on plan will NOT live very long’ and are on SAD diets, on Keto, on LCHF, Vegan, Raw food diet, and more.

So your statements are so out of touch. You are being irresponsible in typing out stuff like that Bunny and you know it.

1. Wild animals who primarily eat meat from large animals have the SHORTEST lifespans. This is self evident.
  2. Bears consume fish and berries in a large magnitude. Far from zero carb. Omega fatty acids and polyphenol consumption is correlated with a long lifespan. The thing about bears is that they spend the majority of their lives under the Sun and are physically active which offsets the negative effects from consuming large amounts of berry carbs.

Living as a domesticated animal and sitting down is also a big killer after junk food consumption.

I don’t know where you get your info but: Do herbivores live longer than carnivores?

Turtles can live extremely long and are primarily herbivores, but—the diet of the animals doesn’t necessarily matter. Carnivores and herbivores can both be extremely long lived .

hamster and rodents are shortest lived and your info is just incorrect. time to research more about carnivores. Sure some animals have their life expectancy, but take a deer, more likely to be eaten and have to reproduce fast to keep prey food out there for other species etc. Then ya got carnivores who have to hunt and take great expectations of being ‘hurt or damaged’ while hunting which can shorten their lifespans…deer graze, carnivores need to kill and could be hurt in the process so there are alot of factors here and this short spurt is nonsense in full value truth of it all. It ain’t self evident, plus there are true differences in species and more obvy so while some carnivores may have a bit of a shorter lifespan overall, it is not all about saying ‘carnivores are gonna croak’ faster in life. Ain’t true for overall statement. And of course you have to take into fact life environments and more. Coyote raiding a neighborhood eating cats has a higher chance of getting diseased from this life than a natural coyote in the wild eating a natural menu but still both can be harmed etc. by anything out there in the world. Don’t be telling me that the shorter lifespan of carnivores is ‘all that’ in all value cause it is not. That is the overview of the point I was making.

(Bunny) #31

My statements are very in-touch they are based on cross-validated research meaning over a hundred times “shorter life spans—-cancers etc.” showing the relation between a high (animal) protein diet cancer and shorter life spans.

I could falsify this and say the opposite just to make people happy?

I can find no “valid” research that says the opposite?

You’re full of so much useless data it is scary.

Stop the ‘meat eaters are gonna die’ soon chat. It is very offensive to those of us on plan. Even if you ‘believe’ it, there is everything wrong with blabbing it out about how being protein heavy meat/fat eaters are out to kill themselves. It stinks Bunny. Post all the info ya want obviously on data and more with links and more on weak science you find…but the statements of the heavy meat/fat eaters are not living long is just not needed/appreciated or cute in any way. OMG on the high protein/cancer/shorter lifespan crap. ugh. Having some tact on the forum would not hurt on this subject.

Time to walk out of this thread for me. It became useless.

(Bunny) #33

Useless is when the data is not in the favor of the beholder?

I am not trying to be mean, heartless or negative, I’m just being honest?

We could ignore data pat each other on the back because the guru said so but knowing what your looking at and looking for is a different story to those who understand and have an educational background to understand such things. How do you know what to regard and disregard just because the guru said so? I do my own research to make that determination because of the biased gloss overs?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) closed #34

All right, folks, enough. We’ll open the topic back up later. Give it a rest for now.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) opened #35

Okay, folks, we’re back. Just play nice, please.

My info comes from Biochemistry.

Depends on the herbivore and carnivore in question.

Aquatic carnivores who are physically active and subsist mostly on smaller fish rich in Omega 3’s have long lifespans. Dolphins, whales, etc…

Elephants have long lifespans because they consume nuts rich in Omega fatty acids.

Too much methionine leads to overmethylation and overmethylation shortens lifespan.

Methionine metabolism and methyltransferases in the regulation of aging and lifespan extension across species
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/acel.13034

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #37

Why is one particular poster allowed to be conceited and arrogant, and belittle, denigrate and insult other posters with impunity?

(Edith) #38

Just having fun here:

The Greenland shark is a predator and scavenger. It moves very slowly in the icy waters of Greenland and lives 200 years or more.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #39

You are all allowed to be conceited and arrogant. On the other hand, if you think someone is belittling, denigrating, or insulting others, you have the power to flag the post(s) in question. If a post acquires enough flags, the system will take action automatically and delete it. Otherwise someone on the admin staff will be along sooner or later to take a look at the post. Your trust level gets a ding if we disagree with the flag, but gets a small boost if we agree with it.

Your admin staff can’t read every post on these forums, nor do we wish to. So we expect you to police yourselves and to behave appropriately. This site’s Terms of Service and Community Guidelines, however, give admins the absolute right to modify or delete any post and to take appropriate action against members, whenever we happen become aware of a situation. We try never to act arbitrarily, which is why we may appear to be slow to act at times. We work hard behind the scenes to reach a consensus before taking serious action. Please remember that we are human and doing the best we can, especially in cases where our judgement may happen to differ from yours.

The primary purpose of these forums is to promote civil, scientifically-grounded discourse on the ketogenic diet. Please ensure that your posts are consistent with this purpose.

(Edith) #40

Forgive me if I missed something, but this article mentioned how methylation can be used to predict age - the rDNA clock, but it makes no mention of carnivores having more methylation due to their diets, just that the method used in mice could be applied to dogs and humans.