The China Study

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #1

This was touched on briefly here some time ago:

Link: The China Study by Dr. Collin Campbell

But unless you know what you’re looking for, I don’t think many have seen it and/or appreciate the full repercussions. And I think it warrants more depth. So I’m posting what I think are the two most relevant repostes to a boatload of veggie/vegan nonsense. For the less technically inclined:

For anyone who wants to take the Deep Dive™:

Denise Minger is right up there with Amber O’Hearn on my list of goto sources.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

I like Denise Minger. She’s a pretty good thinker. But the problem with her Weston Price article is that the snark is alienating to people who really need to hear her actual critique. The second link, to the more comprehensive article on her site, is a lot more matter-of-fact and will not raise hackles unnecessarily.

(Rossi Luo) #3

I think I must say something as a Chinese, :smiley:, I haven’t read the entire book of the “The China Study”, but I looked the main points in this book is that vegetable diet is good. :sweat_smile:
Well, I’m not a scientist, but let me give some examples to challenge such “best sold” book.
My grandpa, died at 64 or 65? when I was a teenager, he died of liver cancer (cirrhosis) around 27 years ago, at that ages, we rarely had meat to eat, we only had meat to eat usually at the end of a year in the winter, even rices were not enough sometimes. Then meat led to liver cancer? Of course not, he was a alcohol drinker and a smoker.

My grandma, died at 6x (I don’t remember the exact age, but sure it’s 6x)?, around 24 years ago, she had a stroke or something related to cardiovascular event, after that, she couldn’t move or talk, slept in a bed for 1 or 2 years I can’t remember, and at the last died. Same as my grandpa, rarely has meat to eat, and furthermore, she didn’t drink alcohol or smoke, 100% a vegetarian eater and rice/flour eater according to the american definition of a vegetarian I think.

My grandma (my mom’s mom), had type 2 diabetics, suddenly died in a night with no one with her at her 6x too, I was 10 or 11 years old at that time, I don’t remember what caused her final death, but I’m sure it’s about the type 2 diabetics. Rarely had meat to eat at that ages too… But she had more rice to eat than my that grandma, because this grandma had more income to buy rice.

After all, I’m quite curious how such best sold book’s author got data to prove her points… But Im sure that her data didn’t include my grandma or grandpa.