The China Study by Dr. Collin Campbell

newbies
science

(Luiz Felipe Ungericht) #1

Hello Ketogenic Forums community! I really need some help. A great friend of mine, that also has been on a journey to improve health and live longer just send me a scary book: “https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_China_Study” .
His decision after that, stop to eat any kind of meat, milk and its derivates, and reduce fat intake. OMG
If you don’t know this book, here is a quote from the chapter on Diabetes, pg 149 “A high-carbohydrate, low-fat diet - a plant-based diet - may help to prevent diabetes.” Whatttt?

Don’t get me wrong, I understand that it is totally rubbish, and in my opinion, criminal. But can you guys help me to destroy this author’s arguments, in the way that only you Engineers/Experienced Ketonians/Science Geeks can do, so I can help him to don’t kill himself? Please!

The China Study
(jilliangordona) #2

The author cherry picked data that was favorable to their thesis and omitted anything that contradicted it.

The article below explains it in more scientific terms.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-china-study-revisited/

(Norma Laming) #3

As far as I am concerned, the Denise Minger’s analysis has said all that could possibly said about why the China Study is absolute rubbish

(Keto in Katy) #4

Better than attacking someone’s arguments is to just calmly nod in agreement while stuffing buttered bacon into your face.

I was also going to suggest Denise Minger. She is a former vegan who as she puts it “almost destroyed her health” through that WOE

(Luiz Felipe Ungericht) #6

Lol
Good one! Will definitely do that!

(Luiz Felipe Ungericht) #7

Yes, she has written a series of articles refuting that book, thanks for point out.

(Luiz Felipe Ungericht) #8

Thank you, haven’t seen that one yet!

As wrong as the China Study is, imo, sciencebasedmedicine is the worst place possible to quote from, not a place I want to visit to learn the truth about anything.