The Case Against Sugar

(Brandon Schenz) #1

(Ross Daniel) #2

This got electronically delivered on my Kindle the other day. Finishing up another book before jumping in. If it’s anything like Taube’s other books it will be good.

I am 3 chapters in and loving it.

(Ross Daniel) #4

Nice! Glad to hear :smile:

(Caryl) #5

I’m reading it and my facial expressions rage from :rage: to :astonished: and back again via :scream:

(Jamie Hayes) #6

This is a great book and available now on Audible.

(Jane Reed) #7

There exists somewhere an essay that’s a very condensed version of the book. Didn’t someone post the link recently? NYTimes magazine, perhaps? A Google search would probably find it. I read most of it. It’s spot on.

(Jo Lo) #8

I went and heard Taubes speak on his book at Townhall Seattle last week. The most interesting part was all the side stories he told about his career (not an easy one). A lot of ironical humor and observations about bad science being done in many fields.

The talk was recorded, so it should become available on the web at some point. Highly recommended.

(David Pegg) #9

Is this the article that you’re referring to?

(Mark Bousquet) #10

I read this article earlier today. 100% agree with Gary!

(Jane Reed) #11

Yes, that’s the article I was referring to. I forwarded it to my sister who is educating herself in the ways of keto in order to persuade her husband to take the plunge.

I put this book on hold at my library. I also made a point about how great his other books are and how eliminating sugar helped me immensely.

(L. Amber O'Hearn) #13

I can’t read my copy — the one I bought Monday when Gary Taubes was in Denver for a book signing! — because my 12 year old made off with it. Somehow I’m not terribly upset by this. :slight_smile:

(Jo Lo) #14

Ah, if only I knew what was in that book when I was 12…

would have avoided a lot of dental trauma (cavities) for one thing.

(christa) #15

I just finished it, and it’s as thorough and insightful as his other books. (Thanks to whomever tipped me off last week that it was out!)

This book provides even more evidence of sugar being the main underlying trigger for the cluster of “Western Diseases,” drawn from even more population-wide data and historical evidence than previously cited (even going back 2,000 years to early observations from Hindu physicians).

I’m sure anyone on this forum would appreciate this book; Taubes lays out the facts to make his case without sensationalizing, and has a really approachable writing style.

(Louise ) #16

Yes! I am listening to it on my commute!

(Ross Daniel) #17

I’m a good ways through it and it is very good. Taubes is an exceptional writer. He is very good at presenting the facts and studies. It is every bit as good as Good Calories Bad Calories.

(Chris Bair) #18

I was listening on my commute but I stopped for a few days to catch up on the 2ketodudes podcast.

(Matthew Standridge DDS FAGD) #19

Just finished yesterday, spent today writing my review to go on my keto blog. I really enjoyed it. Makes the CICO model look even more foolish

(Matthew Standridge DDS FAGD) #20

Speaking of the Case Against Sugar. I just posted the review! Here it is if you want to take a look and tell me what you think!