The Big Man's World ® by Arman Liew | Secretly healthy sweet treats!

(Allie) #1

I came across this recipe site and thought I would share it with you all.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

This site looks interesting Alie, saved it to my food files. First recipe I looked at gave me some inspiration. Thanks :cowboy_hat_face:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

I’d advise caution in using these recipes, even the ones he claims are keto. I checked out the caramel fudge, for example, and the sweetener is your choice of either maple syrup or agave nectar. So either sugar or sugar.

Anyone just starting keto would do well to stay away from this guy’s desserts, it would appear. I’d advise getting your feet under you first, before attempting his recipes.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4

@PaulL I am a master at adapting non keto recipes, yes there may be some substitution necessary. You are absolutely correct. If you choose to use some of these recipes some KETO substitution of sweeteners and such maybe required. :man_cook:t3:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

Yeah, as long as people are careful. I plan to stay well away from that site, because I just can’t keep the drool off my chin . . .

(Randy) #6

This guy is a menace to the keto community. His recipe for keto brownie bites include 4 bananas!!!

BEWARE

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #7

As an alternative to sugar and sugar substitutes I recommend whipping cream. No, it’s not as ‘sweet’ but once you cure the craving for sweet it fills the bill quite nicely. ‘Sweet’ is a taste best ignored, not catered to. Before refined sugar became readily available, cream was the prevalent ‘sweetener’. And from my experience, once you become accustomed to it, cream is sweet!

(Doug) #8

:smile: :no_entry_sign:

(Susan) #9

Thanks for the link @Shortstuff Allie, I bookmarked and I agree with David, you can avoid the obviously non-Keto things and use Keto friendly alternative things for sure.

The only danger being a person not knowledgeable about Keto, or just beginning Keto, thinking his recipes are all fine, etc. but good for those of us that can adjust the recipes, knowing what is and isn’t Keto.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #10

As long as those recipes don’t include other carbs, sweeteners are easy to replace. Splenda FTW :slightly_smiling_face: