Thanksgiving Sides

Hey, American friends what side dishes are you cooking for Thanksgiving?

This is my first Keto Thanksgiving and I know I’ll have turkey as an option but mashed potatoes, herb stuffing, poblano creamed corn, and cornbread muffins are also on the menu so I’d like to bring a yummy side that everyone will enjoy that’s also carb-free.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

What about fully-loaded cauliflower (florets blanched, then roasted with bacon pieces and cheese)? Not precisely carb-free, but low-carb and keto-friendly.

Or you might bring a nice block of aged cheese, which would also have minimal carbs.

If you’d rather bring a dessert, there is a nice sugar-free pumpkin cheesecake recipe on our Recipe forum.

(Jane) #3

Deviled eggs, zoodles cooked in butter, garlic and onion. Roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon, cheese and pine nuts.

I love the idea of loaded cauliflower!
Or your suggestion of a block of cheese made my mind go to a charcuterie board which would be great too!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

Go for it!

(Laurie) #6

Everybody loves deviled eggs.

You could also bring some ham. It’s considered a holiday meat, and some people prefer it to turkey.

A nice salad is a pretty safe bet.

(Bob M) #7

I’ve had this many times:

Something like this:

I overeat that one, so don’t make it much.

Agreed, although I eat more carbs than many, on Turkey Day I’m just eating! But good luck finding somebody that doesn’t like something covered in cheese and bacon!

you want zero carb options here? :wink:
deviled eggs. bacon wrapped scallops. big ol’ platter of peel/eat shrimp! chicken wings with flavor like buffalo sauce. mini meatballs.

of course many consider this food ‘not sides’ to a Thanksgiving Day meal, I do HAHA I don’t put food in a box to eat this only with that or eat this only at this time of day kinda person :sunny:

but if you are thinking just lower carb sides, if one googles ‘low carb keto’ side dish recipes you get a gazillion options to make and bring for all. Good luck!!

I made the loaded cauliflower - it was delicious and easy to make!
I also did a charcuterie board and no one missed the crackers :slight_smile: Thanks for your suggestions. I’m happy to report that I made it through the holiday weekend without falling off the keto wagon!

(Susan) #11

Looks delicious!

(Bob M) #12

Very nice!

(Robin) #13

Win win! Good for you. Nd who could complain about that fabulous board of goodness?