Thank you to all who have helped me!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #24

Woke up at 3:00 a.m. to drink so much milk I sometimes chocked, and a half box of triscuits. Went cold turkey and thoroughly enjoy the sleep. This WOE is so beneficial for me. But need to take it day by day. No extremists!

(TJ Borden) #25

In my opinion (which often doesn’t mean much), extremism is a setup for failure. For keto to work as a lifestyle, you need to have room for flexibility. Even Jason Fung says to eat cake on your birthday. The problem is eating cake EVERY DAY

(Empress of the Unexpected) #26

Sorry - can’t resist. Eight glasses of milk at night versus toothpaste?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #27

Waiting for the piano concerti comment.

Sheesh, I’m “watching “ my mom this week so don’t have as much time to read and missed the…toothpaste drama??? Anyway, don’t you dare leave. Us shorter and older peeps need to stick together! And we ALL belong here!

(Terence Dean) #29

Don’t sweat it Regina, not everyone here knows what the hell they are talking about, its all opinion, some informed others are not. Why should you leave because your point of view is not the same as someone else’s? Best post on this forum is the following which I read whenever I come across someone who is behaving like a dickhead. Brenda is the best when it comes to people trying to force their own Keto opinion on others, there is NO perfect way to do Keto, hence the n=1 tag which is becoming popular. End of rant. Just read this post, its brilliant and so true, you might change your mind after reading it. KCKO.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #30

Thank you so much! I don’t want to leave the group, just took a comment the wrong way. I don’t need to agree with everyone, right? This is a personal journey. Got freaked out by the toothpaste comment. Can’t wait to share my Keto challenge with you (starting Monday). And value ladies of a certain age (over 60) highly.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #31

I’m over it!

(Terence Dean) #32

Good for you!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #33

And I really appreciate your reply. Got to wrap my mind around the crowd mentality.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #34

Sorry, forums bring the drama queen out in me, I’m good now. My big three months starts Monday!!

(TJ Borden) #35

I’m 20 years removed from being able to give an educated opinion, but I always preferred the darker side of his works. Of the last five, the sonata in Cm is my favorite.

Interesting tidbit (well, interesting might be overstated), Beethoven wasn’t actually completely deaf, just hearing impaired. He started losing his hearing at a relatively young age, and he was nearly deaf by the time he died, but he could, in fact, hear his own music.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #36

Trust me, I know the epileptic protocol restricts toothpaste. But I am not doing it for that reason. Triglycerides and belly fat. I just got unreasonably upset with the toothpaste poster. My bad.

Being noob hence–new to the forum–I am glad you have decided to stay. I too am small and sometimes feel intimidated by those who have weight loss as their goal. Having said that I think there is a place for us, the benefits far outweigh the butting of heads.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #38

You are so cool! Another reason why I want to stay here!

(Lane) #39

I gave up about the same amount of milk too. Milk is my comfort food.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #40

Yes, I am small, but have way too much belly, and way too many triglycerides. Tiny fat people unite!

(LeeAnn Brooks) #41

Well now you’ve peaked my curiosity and I want to read this toothpaste thread.

But anyway, don’t be intimidated. You joined shortly after me, and I feel like we’ve been on this journey together.

Sometimes I feel like maybe I put too much input in for a new comer, but I’ve always learned best through active participation. And when I taught, there was no better way for a student to absorb the material than to have to explain it to someone else. We may get some things wrong, but there’s plenty of people here to help us. And I never mind being corrected. It’s all a learning experience.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #42

I prefer minor keys. . Gosh, so off the subject of Keto!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #43

I love following you LeeAnn. Just feel like there are extremists on this forum, and I tend to over react. I have my favorites on the forum, and will stick with them. Every day, is well, a new day. I try to stay on task and make good decisions. Thanks for your support.