Thank you to all who have helped me!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #1

Thanks for the support everyone! You know who you are. But apparently I have ruffled some feathers, so I am leaving the forum. Haven’t been officially kicked out, but nobody wants a 120 pound women here. I can at this point KCKO on my own - no need to ask anymore questions.

(TJ Borden) #2

??? This is a forum, not a choir. Sometimes ruffling someone’s feathers is unavoidable. And sometimes having your feathers ruffled is how you learn and question beliefs.

You’ve been a great and active member, Id hate to see you go, and if there’s someone you feel wants you gone, fuck them.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #3

I want to stay here, but can’t handle extreme beliefs. I take it day by day. 12 pounds lost, no gum inflammation. I just feel like I am not “hardcore” enough.

(Chris W) #4

Personal opinion is that whole thread went sideways long before any of us responded, you did nothing wrong. You are asking questions just like we all have.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #5

Oh, and BTW, you are a font of knowledge. Can you comment on his last five piano sonatas? (Been wanting to ask you that for a while.) I am a PITA.

(TJ Borden) #6

Fuck hardcore. You do what works for you. This is a lifestyle, not a diet. It will have highs and lows and will vary for everyone depending on their individual needs and goals.

I actually came up with the screen name in college. I was a music education major and I used it as an email address to send a joke a day to the music faculty and students anonymously. I never finished school, and ended up becoming a carpenter, but the name has stuff ever since. What’s funny is very few people actually make the Beethoven connection.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #7

You guys are convincing me to stay. Got upset by the toothpaste poster. No bread, pasta, rice, potatoes for 10 weeks? And now have to worry about toothpaste? Not happening at this point. Yes, newsflash - 120 pounds and hope to gain five in muscle. I don’t feel like I am either an extremist or a troll.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #8

Oh and hey - gave up eight glasses of milk a day. Think I am sticking with the program.

(TJ Borden) #9

Would it make you feel better to know I had an entire large pizza today? My wife left this morning for a week long trip. She’s taking a group of high school students to the Galápagos Islands. My plan was to fast while she was gone. I ended up going the other direction and within 8 hours of dropping her off at the airport, reverted back to single 20 something mode.

There are many here that would call my desicison (because it was a decision, the pizza didn’t order itself) hethanistic by keto standards. I couldn’t care less. I have enough pizza on hand (since the deal was for 2), that I’ll probably have pizza again tomorrow, then start back up on Monday. I might put on some water weight this weekend, but it will come back off.

(TJ Borden) #10

That was a tough one for me too. I come from a family of dairy farmers. Pre keto, I went through 2-3 gallons a week.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #11

Galapagos Islands!! OMG! How lucky is your wife. Okay, I’m over it. Totally misunderstood a reply.

(Chris W) #12

I was at a gallon every 2 days at one point in my life.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #13

And, the Beethoven stuff? Sorry, music major, fascinated by your name.

(Chris W) #14

shit happens

(TJ Borden) #15

Based on previous “indulgences”, I fully expect it too later :joy::joy::joy:

(Chris W) #16

I hope at least it was a good one and not little Cesar’s or domino’s. That has been one saving grace if I get a temptation, I realize most of what I used to eat is utter and complete crap even on a crap scale. So there is little or no draw to them anyway.

@Regina oh no! I totally thought you were joking on the other thread when you said you were leaving.

Don’t leave!

Also I can’t believe I never sounded out TJ’s user name (duh… and I’m a musician :slight_smile: )

(Empress of the Unexpected) #18

What is better than bacon? The five piano concerti! And the last five sonatas are amazingly dark. Thanks for your support.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #19

Thank you! Got overly sensitive.

(TJ Borden) #20

Nope… Pizza Hut. We moved since starting keto and so I don’t know where to get a good pizza in town. It’s funny because on the one hand I figure if I’m going to order pizza, it should be awesome. On the other hand, being disappointed will make it more likely I just make a fathead pizza next time.

Edit: by “nope” I mean it wasn’t good. It was basically the equivalent of dominos or little Cesar’s… that crazy bread though…