Tea and fasting. Also: Cayenne extract

(PJ) #1

I’m cracking myself up here.

So I got this chocolate mint tea. And some Imperial Earl Grey tea. And I already have some cinnamon tea. I got them all from the same maker I’m fond of – Harney & Sons – and my rule is I get them in a pretty tin and in ‘sachet’ form, which is loose tea, but put into little mesh bags so you can use it like a tea bag.

I can’t drink it sweetened of course since I’m fasting. I’m not a big tea fan anyway I admit but I’m four hours into day 8 here so my standards for flavor are low. Even though I’m not hungry (nor have I been) at all, sometimes still my brain thinks it feels like eating.

I haven’t drank any of it. Rather, I open the tin, and SNIFF it. :crazy_face:

The chocolate mint is pretty damn good.

The cinnamon is absolutely divine.

I think tea-sniffing is the ultimate zero-carb diet.

Reminds me I used to joke that I should invent the “Cinnamon Toothpick Diet” and write a book about it – this joke was a riff on people with utterly insane starvation diets – where you don’t eat, you just chew on cinnamon toothpicks. :wink: Now I have the “Tea Sniffing Diet” to add to the list. :smiley:

Meanwhile, I was reading about people putting some cayenne in the drink mix they use while fasting. I have a mix that is sea salt, phosphorus, a thing that is three kinds of potassium, a couple tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. (I ordered a sodium supp so I can get it out of my water. It gives me some runs, even though I only take a few gulps of this every few hours through the day.)

I figured actual cayenne – I have tons of hot pepper spices – would have carbs, though. So I got some cayenne ‘extract.’ I figured a little flavored alcohol would probably have less carbs.

I put a dropper of it into the last ~half of my daily water-bottle – it’s about 20 oz, so half is about 10oz. HOLY CATS! Well that is certainly enough to wake up the mouth!

Geez that water concoction just keeps getting better…:woozy_face:

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #2

I love those Harney & Sons tins. I will have to look for that chocolate mint tea, sounds yummy!

Okay I HAVE to try this! I put cayenne in my coffee grounds before I brew the pot - it’s divine!

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #3

Nevermind about that chocolate mint tea … I found something even more exciting :heart_eyes:

(PJ) #4

Looks good.

But cayenne and coffee?? I LOVE cayenne. And I like coffee if it’s strong coldbrew with whole milk and brown sugar – in other words, only if it’s a dessert, lol.

Honestly cayenne and coffee are a combination I never thought of and I’m not sure I’d like! What ever inspired you to create such a combo??

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #5

Same thing that inspired you to put cayenne in your water bottle, I like a little spice!! :hot_pepper:

Do you put any spices in your coffee? Cinnamon? Nutmeg?

(PJ) #6

As noted I can only drink coffee if it’s a high carb dessert. :slight_smile: I used to put some cocoa in it, now and then.

I got the cayenne idea from someone online talking about putting it in their snake juice for fasting. Had I not heard someone talking about it online in a fasting context I would never have thought of it. Even I’m not that crazy. :laughing:

But honestly my ACV - potassium - phosphorus - salt drink tastes so bad already that it actually seemed to help.