Tamari is amazing!

fasting
tamari
soy

(sue) #1

I read @MelTar’s post about how she drinks tamari with hot water in place of morning coffee and immediately ordered some from Amazon.

Holy cow it’s delicious!

I ordered a 2-pack, one to keep at home for cooking and one to keep in the office to drink. (Amazon link)

My doctor wanted me to go gluten free but most soy sauces have wheat in them. I’d also not mind kicking my caffeine addiction. I am going to use this on my fasting days as well.

Has anyone else tried this?

I wonder if it can also be a substitute for taking salts during fasts… does anyone have any thoughts?

(Richard Morris) #3

It would be similar to the idea of using Vegemite in hot water as a quick broth. I reckon tamari would be pretty awesome.

(sue) #4

this is the nutritional info -

980mg per 1 tbs, so not bad. i also supplement with coarse salt under the tongue throughout the day.

also has 2g of protein per serving, if you are concerned about that!

Thank you!

(Randy) #6

Just wanted to add that the label says “NON-GMO” which is important.

GMO Soy is Glyphosphate soaked poison courtesy of MonSatan…

…Errr, I mean Monsanto.

(Andrew) #7

It’s nearly miso soup. Miso still has all the fermented soy etc in it. Tamari comes from miso if I remember correctly.

(sue) #8

Yes it certainly has the savory umami goodness of miso!

(Charlie Kathopoulis) #9

I tried the vegemite and is is fantastic Richard. Kids even use it as a cup of soup base if they are making something to have after school.

Tamari and water is what got me through my last 80 hour fast.

(Troy) #11

I thought the same as well. Tamari is still made from soybeans?
W that’s said if true, would this be ok to take?
Thanks

I use San-J organic wheat-free Tamari. This tamari is made from non-GMO fermented soy. I consider it safe for me. I can’t speak for anyone else.

(Kerry Swarthout O'keefe) #13

Yay. I use tamari in recipes but had no idea i could use it like this to get my sodium instead of broth.

(KCKO, KCFO) #14

I think coconut amino acids with water can work pretty well as a light broth. I don’t do gluten products.