Tailgate/football recipes?

Do y’all have any recipes or ideas for keto snacks for a tailgate before a football game or for watching football from a softer seat with a/c than the stadium bleachers?

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2

Bacon wrapped jalapeños stuffed w cream cheese

Bacon wrapped pickles

Chicken wings

Taquitos or quesadilla with a cheese shell

Buffalo chicken dip

Spinach artichoke dip

Mini hotdogs or meatballs in sugar free bbq sauce

Some keto appetizer suggestions back when Super Bowl parties were being planned:

• Meat and cheese tray
  • Deviled eggs
  • Jalapeno Poppers
  • Stuffed mushrooms

Some collections:

(Marianne) #4

Sorry, Tyler, but I’d try to get away from the snacking, especially if you are just eating to eat. Or, maybe on game days, you can switch to 16:8 fasting and confine your eating to an 8-hour window. Consider the snacks you have during the game to be one of your meals, or make a decent plate of the above foods and then eat it throughout the game vs. picking at random.

Who’s your team? :grin:

@beccs and @OgreZed

Those suggestions look like great ideas. In the past I’ve usually either been playing or coaching so it’s been a while since I tailgated. Wings and those dips look good, especially the recipes involving bacon or sausage.

@gingersmommy I usually do a 16:8 fast only eating lunch and dinner and have lost a smidge over 60lbs since June 1 of this year. In the past my tailgates have been something easy like hotdogs, chips, and packaged desserts.

I like your idea of making a preset day of food and munching on them sporadically from noon til 6 or so. It may be difficult to take them in to the stadium for the games I do go to, so that may be a Saturday in the a/c.

I played for the UAB Blazers for two years until I was too injured to continue. I helped found the fishing team after that. Practices were much easier. Are you a football fan?

(Marianne) #6

Wow - congratulations! You certainly don’t need any advice from me!

:laughing:

(Marianne) #7

Wow; good for you! I bet playing football was a riot and being on a team. Hope you didn’t get knocked around too bad.

I would LOVE to go/learn fishing (especially trout), however, got no one to teach me and as a woman, I don’t think it’s safe to be out in secluded areas by yourself. Also, people aren’t feeling me in that I don’t want to bait a hook or take a fish off of a hook. :cry:

I do love me some football on a leisurely Sunday, although my husband still teaches me stuff about the game. I don’t know most of the players. I don’t really have a team, although gotta root for the Bills, my “hometown” team fo’ sure.