Sweetener free fat bombs?

(Jessica Greening) #1

Anyone have any recipes for fat bombs that don’t use stevia or any other “natural” Sweetener?

(Erin Macfarland ) #2

Using natural nut butter or coconut butter gives you the slightly sweet flavor without sweetener. You can mix butter or coconut oil and almond butter, some cream cheese or coconut butter, vanilla, cinnamon…experiment! Cocoa powder, chopped nuts are good too

(Stickin' with mammoth) #3

All of them: just leave the sweetener out. Ones with spices, extracts, and citrus zests will still be flavorful.

(Sheri Knauer) #4

I have one on my computer at home that was a savory Fat Bomb using chopped egg, mayo, some salt, and rolled in crumbled bacon. I won’t be home until Sunday night and I can look for it then if you’d be interested

(Khara) #5

@GreenLady With all LC/Keto dessert/sweet recipes that I find, I just try them without the sugar substitutes - like @Aqua_chonk already said. We can’t tolerate them in my house so I stopped trying to use them. Doesn’t hurt to try a recipe and and I’ve been pleasantly surprised that often the sweetener just isn’t needed. To me it would just bring the food back up to a level of sweetness I enjoyed/needed prior to low carb. I’m retraining my brain to not need such sweet stuff so I want my treats to be milder. There’s another topic on here about how everything starts to taste sweeter over time but I don’t know how to link to it. :expressionless:
You asked specifically for fat bombs so I assume you’re looking for the extra fat. My favorite dessert is a creme brûlée. Not a fat bomb but pretty fatty with lots of egg and heavy cream. It is great with fresh berries on top and if you want to brûlée it for someone else you can with a very minimal sprinkle of regular sugar on top.
Let us know if you find a good recipe!

(Khara) #6

@Sheri_Knauer The :fried_egg:and :bacon: one sounds really good.

(Carpe salata!) #7

Someone had a recipe for soft centre chocolate bombs…

I forget the details, but something like this:

Mix cream and dessicated coconut
Freeze into little spoonful balls
Cover in a low carb melted chocolate
Put in fridge for nice soft centred treat

I did
2 Tablespoons of Santa Cruz Naturals Organic Peanut Butter
1 Tablespoon Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil, melted

Mix them together pour into 4 silicone mini cupcake cups and freeze. I think the coconut oil gave them some sweetness.

(Kara) #9

I like these savory fat bombs: http://thenourishedcaveman.com/baked-brie-pecan-prosciutto-savory-fat-bomb/

(Stickin' with mammoth) #10

I also use raw cacao powder in my bombs, it has a touch of natural sweetness to it.

(Susan) #11

I have made Raspberry Cheesecake Fat Bombs with no sweeteners. They are a tad tart but still very delicious! I microwave some raspberries, 1/2 cup of coconut oil, and 1 entire container of cream cheese (a box of it) in the microwave until the coconut is melted, and the other ingredients are softened, (this does not take long!) and then I mix them all really well by hand and then put them into a silicone icecube tray (or muffin one that is silicone) and then freeze them. After they are frozen ( doesn’t take that long) I push them out from underneath (if it is too hard to do, letting the pan sit in hot water for a min does wonders!) and then I transfer them into an air-tight container and keep them in the freezer, taking out one or two (depending on the size you made) to eat!

Yes. After no sugar for quite some time my taste has changed. Sour cream now tastes sweet with cocoa powder. I’ll mix about 3 tablespoons cocoa into about a third cup of sour cream, then add walnuts and shredded coconut for a quick treat.
I’m finding I can cut the amount of sugar to as much as an eighth of original recipes and be fine with the taste. Messing about in the kitchen with sweets though, even not so sweet sweets takes a person to the ragged edge, so I’m reluctant to go there.