Sugar Free Jello & IF

(Melanie Rowe) #1

I get really bad heartburn when I go extended periods of time without eating. I sometimes have to break my fast early to relieve the burning. Does anyone know if sugar free jello will break my fast?

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #2

Typically artificial sweeteners cause an insulin response. Some fasting might be better than none however. You have to be the judge.

Others will opin I’m sure on this matter.

(Carl Keller) #3

You can try a tablespoon of ACV, diluted in water to help balance your stomach acidity. I’ve not tried this but I’ve heard and read it being suggested for reflux and heartburn.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #4

I can personally attest that taking vinegar on an empty stomach was painful. I get why folks use it, to aid in digestion when they aren’t making enough acid to break down what’s in the stomach. I’m not sure it’s applicable if you aren’t eating anything. For me, and this is just me, but a bit of baking soda in water gets rid of my heartburn…if it’s caused by an empty stomach and reflux.

(Also, NEVER use both at the same time. That’s how you make a volcano in a science project. I did it once and thought I was going to die until I burped the longest burps of my life and knew I was going to live after that. Apparently you have to let it fizzle, add water and THEN drink it :roll_eyes: )

(Khara) #5

I’m curious about this too. Sugar free jello is the only artificial sweetener dessert I have. I’ve been thinking about doing a blood glucose test after eating one to see how it affects me.

(Melanie Rowe) #6

Thank you Carl, but I tried ACV already. It was really bad. Burned my throat and esophagus when I used it on an empty stomach. I used half a tbs in a 16oz bottle of water. Now I use ACV in my salad dressing. Much easier to tolerate with food.

(Allie) #7

Fixes it for me too. ACV actually causes heartburn for me.

(Bunny) #8

Sugar free bone broth is what I would choose…lol

(Sarah ) #9

Have you tried a spoon of coconut oil? It won’t break the fast and I think the artificial sweetener in the Jello might.

(Omar) #10

it is possible that you have some bacteria in the small intestine or even the stomach.

the symptoms is when you are hungry but the solution is when you are full. by gradually reduce the population of bacteria or bring back the balance.

so when you eat you take ACV and digestive enzymes and betaine hcl