Stuffing or dressing recipe?

(Cheryl) #1

I’ve made some in the past…nasty, lol!!
Anyone have a good recipe

Thanks!!

(Vicki Stroud) #2

Are you interested in meat stuffing? If so I will post the recipe later

(Cheryl) #3

Oh yes thank you I love sausage meat In Stuffing!!

(Vicki Stroud) #4

I will post when I get on my laptop this actually a meat stuffing French Canadian recipe, more meat than anything else

(Michelle) #5

(Jen ) #6

I would love the recipe if you want to share!

(Vicki Stroud) #7

This is Meat Stuffing, I am not going to put any nutritional information in because it does not have exact measurements.

In a large pot, add 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, and 1 1/2 pounds ground pork (NOT SAUSAGE). Brown and do not drain. Add 1 chopped onion, 2-3 celery stalks with their leaves chopped. Salt, pepper 1-3 Tablespoons Bells Poultry Seasoning (we like good flavor and usually use 3 T or a little more) 1-2 cups of water, and Pepperidge Farm Stuffing mix we only use about 1 cup. The recipe actually calls for crushed saltines, or breadcrumbs but we use the stuffing mix for a little more flavor. It is an old recipe when things really were not measured out, but, you can make it pretty low carb, and if your pork and burg are pretty fatty that is good as well. We cook for about an hour on a low simmer

(Jen ) #8

Thank you!

(Ross) #9

one caveat here, I’m not diabetic and have reached or nearly reached my goal weight.

Last year I made my cornbread stuffing using non-GMO organic blue corn meal and had not ill effects whatsoever.

The year prior I made the same / similar stuffing using commercial yellow corn mean and had a bad reaction. (stomach ache, bloating, etc…)

Having some southern cornbread stuffing once a year simply isn’t going to have any bad effects for me in my position (see above caveat) so I’m going to do it again (plus some corn has been moved to the Banting Orange List anyway).

One option I have explored is making the bread portion of the stuffing substituting flax meal for corn meal, I found it would be passable in my kitchen experiments but does come out a little more mushy than traditional cornbread. After toasting, it dried out to the point where it could be used.

(Vicki Stroud) #10

Sounds YUMMY! I love cornbread stuffing. I have just begun, congrats on your success in your journey.

(Sophie) #11

I just made this recipe on Sunday. It’s labor intensive but well worth the effort. I was quite surprised!

I can’t decide if I want to try this or this! Very different, but the cauliflower one is safer (I’m positive it’ll taste great, but isn’t like traditional dressing)

I made it too and it was TO DIE FOR! So good.

And actually, the cornbread itself is freaking awesome. I’m making it again tomorrow. As a child of Southerners, I can vouch it tastes like the real deal!

(Sophie) #14

It really is the real deal especially if you use that corn extract! That stuff is a game changer for sure.