Street Squash (Elote kinda)

(astrahsburg) #1

Maybe we could call it Street Squash?

At any rate. I’m in Yuma for the week and down the street is a little Snack Shop that sells Elote in a cup. YUM! But not good for the Ketonian. I’ve made some bomb street corn in the past and was really wanting some of this. Last night we had spaghetti and I had them pick me up a Spaghetti squash to bake up for myself and there was a lot left over. Now I’m thinking, HMMMMMM!!!

So I tossed some left over Spaghetti, grabbed some mayo, chili powder (although I would prefer something with a little more kick but it’s all I have now), some grated Cotija, salt and a lime.

Tossed the squash in the nuker along with a pad of butter on top for a minute while I mixed up the Mayo, Cotija, Chilli Poder and Lime.

Tossed my concoction on top of the piping hot squash stirred it a little and chowed down. YUM! and crisis averted :slight_smile:

(KCKO, KCFO) #2

Thinking I will try this with regular squash ,using my spiralizer to get the super thin spirals for this. I have some peppers that would be good in that. Thanks for the idea.

That sounds right dee-lish!