Strawberry or modified raspberry cheesecake keto friendly recipe

(Karla Sykes) #1

I have been craving some strawberry cheesecake or it can be modified with raspberries or blackberries anyone got a recipe for this? And can you show a picture

(Kristen Ann) #2

If you try searching ā€œcheesecakeā€ in the search bar at the top right of the screen you should find some recipes you can add fruit to.

(Karla Sykes) #3

I thought fruit was not allowed only certain fruits like raspberries and blackberries but not strawberries right? How do you make those fruit the consistency of the usual strawberries that are found on cheesecake like the sauce

(Kristen Ann) #4

I donā€™t eat fruit, but I think some keto folks eat berries. If you keep your carbs under 20 g with strawberries included itā€™s still keto. I have no idea about fruit sauceā€¦

The sauce is made usually by caramelizing strawberries in hot sugar so thatā€™d be a no, but you can get something similar by heating the fruits up some. That does degrade the fiber some so youā€™d really have to watch the serving size.

(Karla Sykes) #6

Okay so how many raspberries are blackberries would you recommend or strawberries is that permitted? And how would I do that would I do it in butter or water or how would I do that

(Wendy) #7

I usually only eat a small handful of berries. Maybe a quarter cup. Just make a good Keto Cheesecake and add a few fresh berries of your choice with a little whipped cream. Itā€™s delicious! You could cook them with a bit of xyletol or other sweetener but itā€™s not necessary.

('Jackie P') #8

I rarely eat dessert, but I do like berries occasionally, and I do make desserts when I entertain. The topping I make for my mixed berry pavlova would be equally good on a cheesecake.
To serve 8 - 10
2 x 250g raspberries
250g blackberries
250g strawberries
250g blueberries
1 tbsp erythritol
1tsp vanilla bean paste

Into a minblender put any fruit that is a little too soft and approximately 250g raspberries. Add 1tbsp erythitol and blend. Push the fruit through a metal sieve, discard the seeds. Add the vanilla.
Pour the sauce over the berries and gently turn to coat. Leave at room temperature to mascerate.
When you are ready to serve, use a slotted spoon to pile the berries onto your cheesecake and drizzle any remaining sauce over!
According to Cronometer, 1 1/10th would be
38 calories and 5.4g net carbs.
Personally I always put by a serving of berries for myself to have with cream and serve my guests the pavlova.
I have never made a keto cheesecake, let me know how it turns out! Donā€™t forget to take a picture.

(Karla Sykes) #9

Yes Iā€™m going to take pictures of the entire process from making it to the finished product. I didnā€™t know strawberries were permitted. I knew raspberries blueberries and blackberries but I didnā€™t know strawberries were okay

(Liz) #10

Hi, there is a great lady on Youtube who made a ā€˜fake strawberryā€™ cheesecake. Check out her channelā€¦Keto in the UK or by searching for Gingerā€™ keto channel. A great source of recipes that are UK based but I am sure could be converted. Lovely lady with a great personality and also a member here, I believe.
She does not use the whole fruit but you could make that one and slice up a strawberry on the top, this would at least give you the taste without massive carbs.
Chia jam might also help but I have never tried it.
Hope you find a solution :+1::handshake:

(Jane) #11

@Digital_Dave makes cheesecakes to sell and he modified his recipe for keto. Iā€™ve made it and really good!

As for a strawberry topping, I just spooned a little bit of sugar-free strawberry jam on top. Doesnā€™t take much anymore as my sensitivity to sugar is much greater on keto now.

(Karla Sykes) #12

I found a great recipe and I will post it and take pictures

('Jackie P') #13

In small quantities. Blackberries are best of all and luckily my favourite!

Thanks, Jane. :slight_smile: ā€¦ And as far as fruit goes, sure, it isnā€™t the friendliest Keto-Food. But like a lot of other things, it can indeed be eaten in moderation. Hereā€™s a link to the DietDoctors.com site, that breaks down which fruits are better as far as their carb counts go. Or simply the Best and Worst.

(Jane) #15

I eat my wild blackberries with homemade yogurt without guilt.

Your cheesecakes are AMAZING plain, but others with a bit of a sweet tooth appreciate some SF jam on top. May not pass muster with the keto police but I am all about lifetime sustainability these days, not fat loss.

(Susan) #16

I do not trust myself to make a Cheesecake because it is my all time favourite desert and so I would eat too much of it.

In am thinking maybe for November 2020, on my 56th birthday (I am 54 atm turning 55 this year) I will make one. By then I might still not be at goal weight (but I will be a lot closer then I am now!).

For now; once in a while I have eaten 2 tablespoons of cream cheese in a bowl with 6 frozen raspberries, and I take about 10 minutes to eat this, and psych myself out that I am eating raspberry cheesecake and it works just fine for me =).

(Karla Sykes) #17

Oh my gosh I canā€™t wait to make my cheesecake bars this Friday. Iā€™m doing it for two reasons. One I want to feel satisfied and donā€™t deprive myself and to Iā€™ve been doing a very good job on my lifestyle. And this is a lifestyle so Iā€™m in it for the Long Haul. Awesome I get paid on Friday

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #18

You really donā€™t even need a recipeā€¦

Throw some cream cheese in a bowl. Add a shot of heavy cream, a teaspoon of real vanilla extract, 8 or 10 drops of Sucralose (stevia, monkfruit, and every other sweetener sucksā€¦ Who me, opinionated ? :smiley:) Mix in some blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, or raspberries, your choiceā€¦ Oh, or a shot of real lemon extractā€¦ Or, a teaspoon of maple extractā€¦ Mix, chillā€¦

Bam ! Awesome instant keto dessert :grinning:

(Karla Sykes) #19

Wow I have all those things right now I was waiting on Friday so when I get paid I can buy some erythritol sweetener

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #20

Erythritol sounds like medicine :smiley: lol

Splenda is where itā€™s at :wink: Or just get liquid Sucralose drops and cut the tiny bit of maltodextrin out to be truly zero carbs.

Itā€™s cheaper, tastes better, and itā€™s great for Keto.