Strawberry or modified raspberry cheesecake keto friendly recipe

(Karla Sykes) #21

I seen this and all the cooking

recipes on YouTube

(Susan) #22

This is the granular form, so like regular sugar form. There is also the powdered form that is like icing sugar. I have both; although for now I don’t use any artificial sweeteners at all as it was messing my weight loss up. They are both good for recipes though. I bought both as some recipes call for one type, and some recipes call for the other =).

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #24

Hey Jacqueline, you didn’t have to remove that… I have pretty thick skin :slight_smile: lol
It’s okay if you think I’m crazy… I think the rest of you are crazy, when it comes to artificial sweeteners too ! Dirty Keto is where its at ! :wink: lol

('Jackie P') #25

Haha! Sorry Chris, it seemed a bit churlish when I thought about it. I just didn’t want anyone new to think erythritol wasn’t a good sweetener when it is.
We all have our favourites :blush:
I don’t mind crazy!

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #26

:slight_smile: lol Its all good. I’m going to completely honest… I haven’t actually tried erythritol, its just that sucralose tastes so good (so close to real sugar… maybe because it is made from real sugar ?) so easy to come by, proven to be so safe, so cheap, and so easy to get (on Amazon of course :slight_smile: lol) I just don’t understand why it has been getting such a bad rap in recent years ??? I’m bummed that I cant find more products made with it ? :frowning: But I sure can dump it on, or in anything I want to be sweeter :slight_smile:

(Susan) #27

The Mayonnaise you use has sugar in it though, Chris… so you maybe should find one without it =).

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #28

So I just had to go and see that for myself… And yes, it has a tiny amount of sugar, which is dumb… plus, although olive oil is the “main oil” it uses some vegetable oil too… which is even dumber… But whats the dumbest thing of all, that somehow I overlooked, is that’s its “reduced fat” !!! Like wait ! Now WTF ? Ya’ gotta draw the line somewhere ! I think most of us Keto people would basically consider reduced fat to be like sacrilege, right ? I mean, who in there right mind would reduce the fat ? :slight_smile: lol

So now, where to find some good “all oilive oil” mayonnaise without sugar, for a decent price ? I think its easy enough to make… but how well does it keep ???

(Jane) #29

If you have a wide-mouth pint mason jar and a stick blender you can make your own olive oil mayo in less than 10 minutes.

The drawback is it uses a raw egg and some people are afraid to consume raw eggs. It keeps well in the fridge up to a couple of weeks - I’ve only have one jar go bad because I didn’t use it up, but since you are only making 1 pint at a time it goes fast.

This is the recipe I use:

(Susan) #30

I buy Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayonnaise and it has no sugar, no other oils (I buy it at Costco but they sell it at Walmart and on Amazon as well).

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #31

I have no problem eating raw and eggs, and yes I have a wide mouth :slight_smile: lol

About raw eggs, I think its a small risk to begin with, but one can (should) just wash the egg thoroughly with soap and water before cracking it, to reduce the risk by another 99%

('Jackie P') #32

This is how I make mine except I add a tsp dijon mustard!:blush:

('Jackie P') #33

Haha, I have to confess, I have never washed an egg in my life. Does that make me a bad person :no_mouth:

(Jane) #34

In the USA the eggs are washed at the factory so we have to refrigerate them. I do NOT wash the eggs from my hens and they sit on the countertop until I use them.

My husband forgot and left the egg basket out overnight after he gathered eggs and it got rained on. He refrigerated those in case it washed the protective layer off.

('Jackie P') #35

I just googled and apparently we shouldn’t wash them in the UK! Phew!

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #36

You shouldn’t wash them before storing. And if they haven’t been washed, yes, they can be stored out of the refrigerator. If they have been, they need to be refrigerated.
But either way, you should wash them well, right before you crack them, and use them raw in a recipe.

Also, they shouldn’t have any cracks at all, even if not leaking, if you intend to use them raw…