Stoner keto has a question

(Chris) #83

Probably ketones? Unless he got drunk as hell the night before…

Duh, I didn’t think of that. He does think he smells better on keto.

(Chris) #85

:stuck_out_tongue: I do too.

Do you know why that is? Just being clean on the inside?

(Chris) #87

Probably switching to optimal foods like meat in higher amounts and removing suboptimals like bread and fructose.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #88

I would be afraid to smoke pot, being an alcoholic and knowing too many previously sober alcoholics who relapsed after getting high. Also, although my lungs are better on keto, I am an asthmatic and don’t like putting anything in my lungs unnecessarily. My question is, therefore, is there any way of getting the pain relief of marijuana without getting high or having to smoke it?

(Chris) #89

CBD is another cannabinoid that has more of the medicinal uses and none of the psychoactive kind. Smoke, vape, eat, or rub on skin. Depends on how it is processed.

THC is what’s psychoactive.

(Chris) #90

Anything CBD.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #91

Thanks, Dread.

(Robert R Messerschmidt) #92

@jay bee Jen. I love the science. Put aside all programmed morals and mind sets put out there since the 1937 marijuana tax act that resulted in the prohibition and demonization of this incredible resource and what you have in cannabis, is nothing short of a sacred plant that evolved right along side of humans that has been used as medicine for millennia. Thank you so much for the science, this represents one nail in the coffin of governmental idiocracy.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #93

You you you …
You bunch of potheads! LOL

Edibles?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #95

I thought brownies got you high! I guess what I’m really asking is whether there is a pill form that would provide the pain relief chemicals without the intoxicating ones. I am guessing not, because everyone seems determined to be able to smoke it, which wouldn’t be the case if there were a pill. I know about Marinol, but of the AIDS patients I used to work with back in the day, the ones in recovery were very wary of it.

There is, they make CBD oils and pills. Those have all the benefits with no psychoactive side effects.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #97

Thank you! I will check them out!

Ex-stoner here, no judgement, you do what you want. IIRC THC is fat soluble, so it would make sense logically that burning stored fat would/could release stored THC. I have no science to back this up, but if that matches your experience then it sounds plausible.

(Retta Stephenson) #99

There is also THCA. It is the precursor to THC, having not been heated yet to convert into the psychoactive form, THC. I get it in a tincture (infused into olive oil), and you take it by mouth, usually holding under tongue. Think of it as the turbo-booster to CBD, to really get ahead of pain. My CBD is in concentrate oil form, and taken by drops also under the tongue. No high there, either. I think you would need to live in a legal state to buy these, since you can’t order them legally online.

(Chris) #100

My understanding (from what I have been told by numerous dispensaries) is that CBD and THC work the best when they are together. I do know that you can have a higher ratio of CBD to THC (say 3:1, 3 CBD to 1 THC) if you are concerned about psychoactive effects, but CBD by itself does not have the same potency/ benefits that CBD with THC has. I found this article helpful: https://www.projectcbd.org/guidance/cbd-misconceptions. Just my two cents…

(KCKO, KCFO) #103

Oh will have to look into that. So thankful I live in a legal state along with not having any chronic pain issues, I’m very blessed that way. But I do get muscle pains at night even with plenty of mag/potassium supplemention so I don’t sleep well. Doesn’t happen all the time, but when it does, this sounds like a good thing to use.

(Randy) #106

Haven’t smoked pot in over 20 years, but was a regular user in the '80’s. I often had a pretty nasty cough. FWIW I never smoked cigarettes. I assumed there were risks in any form of smoke inhalation.