Stoner keto has a question

(Chris) #63

Why do you care what others do behind closed doors?

Shoot, think this went over my head like an idiot.

(Vicki Stroud) #64

Really when I do my door won’t be closed because I will be thinner from Keto, so why hide??? ;-0

(Meg Oliver) #65

Have you tried trans-dermal magnesium? My legs used to crawl every so often, but I have found that magnesium oil mixed into my lotion helps significantly.

(Vicki Stroud) #66

Yes I have tried everything mine is very severe I don’t get into R.E.M. At night so this is my last resort

(Meg Oliver) #67

Fingers crossed for you!

(Jen ) #68

Urban myth- it does NOT cause cancer. I’m a hospice RN and I have patients who smoke pot all day long.

I also have a medical card and its legal for recreation in my state but it is absolutely essential for my well being to smoke at night. I have severe PTSD and insomnia and marijuana is the only thing that helps me sleep.

I don’t use at work or when I have to drive for obvious reasons…

(Jen ) #69

Girl, we have SO MUCH in common! I don’t hit REM either. Indica medical MJ is my key to sleeping. FWIW I also have severe sleep apnea.

More people than ever before, I’d imagine. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Alternative methods of consuming cannabis are typically more expensive than just a plain old flower. Money is tight these days for lots of people.

(Vicki Stroud) #71

Just make BUDDA = Keto Cannabutter

(Chris) #72

Yes!! I just bought some cannabis coconut oil

(Consensus is Politics) #73

Uhg… right you are. I feel bad that I jumped right on the band wagon too. It’s something I try to avoid. Almost as much as… well you know😎.

My apologies. Find attached at the end of this message one fee coupon for a A free kick Bob in the ass. Redeemable anywhere that you find me.

Cut on dotted line
………………
Free Bob ass kicking coupon
Redeemable at next meeting
Non-transferable/void instates where illegal.
………………

(Vicki Stroud) #74

We are all entitled to our own opinions. I tried to avoid it my entire life, I saw what my brothers use of it did to my mother. But, I have been straightforward with her that I will more than likely start using it very soon, she understands why and is fine with it. But, I am doing it for a reason.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Consensus is Politics) #75

I believe, (I seem to remember reading this a lot in the 1980’s, could come from more bogus science though) that carbon was a carcinogen. So BBQ food was bad because of the amount of carbon it contained, smoke inhalation of anything burning was bad. So with that logic inhaling a Cigarette or a joint, would both be inhaling carcinogens. I’m not so sure I believe the statistics that went with that as both of my grandparents died in their mid 80’s from other causes, not cancer, and they smoked heavily.

It depends on your genetics but the problem is you will not know until it is too late. My grandmother died at 98 of old age after many years of smoking and then quitting. My mother in law and father in law both died of lung cancer at around 79. My mother in law had quit many years before she died but it was too late. Meanwhile her mother lived to 99 but had never smoked (her father was killed so no idea about those genetics). My father in law’s mother lived into her early 90s too but not a smoker. His father died of lung cancer early but his brother who also smoked lived to 90 so you have no idea and it is better not to take the risk

My kids have been told in no uncertain terms that smoking is a big no for them. I do not care if they indulge in some other way but smoking or vaping, no

What you call a urban myth is still seriously debated in scientific circles and there are good reasons to think that there is indeed a link: https://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/marijuana-lung-cancer-risk#1

To answer other posts: stating that marihuana conveys some risks is not judgemental. I don’t criticise people who smoke weed (I used to, well sometimes I still smoke a joint at a party), drink alcohol (I like the stuff) or smoke (I used to). All three substances are associated with risks and people should know about them to make informed decisions. Quitting (in particular booze) is way more difficult than not starting a regular use…

I stopped smoking and began vaporizing several years ago. I used to suffer occasional respitory issues, but haven’t had any for years. I recommend the Mighty portable vaporizer by Storz & Bickel. Or anything from their lineup, super high quality long lasting devices with good warranties and great service in my experience. The volcano model is great too if you don’t want it to be portable. The plenty model looks good too but I haven’t actually used it. Expensive, but lasts for years if you take care of it.

Www.storz-Bickel.com

(Justin Traer) #79

@Gorilazinho, If the fat cell that is being used for energy right now has THC in it, that THC will enter your blood stream and possibly get you high.

But it sounds like your tolerance is going to be pretty high, so you might not even notice smaller amount of THC in your blood.

Here’s an interesting study done on rats that showed that THC is released by fasting: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2782342/ They conclude with saying that they have no clue if this would get a person high and that more studies would be needed to figure that out.

I’m going to assume that when you put that fat on you smoked up alot during those days too. So yeah, those fat cells should have THC in them.

But, it could be something else going on with your body too. Have you seen a Dr latey? What about recent blood work, blood pressure or or aliments?

(Jen ) #80

I am not trying to start anything; WebMD more often than not scares people… as does the article you cited.

Here is a scholarly article on the safety of smoking marijuana from the National Institute of Health. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1277837/ (The last paragraph is the meat and bones of the article).

A way to avoid this whole thing is Edibles! My favorite way to medicate. Bypasses the respiratory system and still makes pain more tolerable, insomniacs/RLS sleep. You can make CannaButter very easily as well, making it super Keto-friendly.

My second option is vaping, which leaves no tar as if you smoked a joint.

Anyhoo- KCKO and ask your doc if you have questions about using (medical or recreational) marijuana.

:blush:

Maybe possible. I sometimes get a “high” from exercising my husband says I look wild. When my husband started keto he said he could smell alcohol in his sweat, I don’t know if he got drunk from it though.

(Vicki Stroud) #82

I wish that my father had used it as he was at home on hospice/once a day visit while us kids took care of him 24/7 while he was dying from cancer. None of the end of life meds were doing a thing. it was horrible.