Stoner keto has a question

(Chris) #107

So far the only scientific study that was done on inhalation of cannabis smoke was done on monkeys 60 years ago. Instead of having them smoke normally, they hooked them up to masks and pumped smoke directly into their lungs. Obviously, the lack of oxygen would kill anyone.

Not up to speed on current science, if any, but everything I’ve heard points to no respiratory damage (citation needed).

(Doug) #109

I know that it will increase one’s chances of getting bronchitis, pneumonia, etc. Seems to me that it’s like a lot of things - the more you do it, the higher the chances of serious problems occurring. There are a whole bunch of chemicals in that smoke…

(Chris) #111

I do say, show me the science!

(KCKO, KCFO) #112

We absorb vitamin D through our skin primarily. While some does get absorbed through the eyes, it is not the only way we get it naturally. Not wearing sunglasses can lead to cataracts.

(Doug) #113

Chris, it’s a mixed bag:

Seems that for sure, it’s not nearly as bad as tobacco smoking.

(Chris) #114

Thanks

(Consensus is Politics) #115

Now you’re just trolling.

(Consensus is Politics) #116

IIRC, marijuana as well as several other hard core drugs were put on a list that not only bans them from private use, possession, trafficking, etc… but also prevents the study of them as well. Medical studies of those drugs were also banned. So it’s not surprising to hear that there just isn’t much data out there to look at comparing cigarette smoking to pot smoking. Doing the study could get you jail time. :thinking: How’s that for Government run amok!

(Jane ) #117

Me too!

(Jane ) #118

Paul, there are pills, patches, tinctures and even gummie edibles. I have a medical card as well. CBD capsules, now some CBN capsules are working well. No psychoactive from those or the patches. The edible/capsules also last longer. I add a dusting of THC at night and off I go. This has finally gotten me off ALL sleep meds…I have not been able to do that for 18 years.

(Becky) #119

Oh my gosh, that’s wonderful you are off of sleep meds! I am resisting being prescribed them, but am getting desperate, now down to about 2 hours sleep. I don’t have a card, but am resourceful, can you share more info about specific strains that help with sleep?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #121

My lungs are so sensitive to airborne allergens (though keto seems to be helping) that it’s probably best for me to stay away from smoking. Also, as an addict, I need to avoid anything that might either be addictive or trigger one of my addictions. (heavy sigh) Guess I’ll just have to rely on my body’s own endocannabinoids. :grin:

(Jane ) #122

Paul, I would still consider a tincture of CBD…no psychoactive, no addiction. If the Marajuana CBD bothers you you can also get it derived from Hemp. For pain they also have TONS of topicals.

(Jane ) #123

Becky, I have found GG4 (flower) and VYB Fade (cartridge). Go on Leafly and they walk you through the best strains, then you just have to find and or grow them.

(Becky) #124

Thanks for information! I am checking it out! Leafly is loaded (smirk) with info…lol.

(Aubrey Simmons) #126

This is some clinical research I wanna see. In theory if you have free radical amino acids in your blood you just randomly get high because you’re burning amino acid chains with THC attached to it. That is truly fascinating