Stoner keto has a question

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #42

Talking about marijuana is fine here as long as it relates to Keto. Spelling out the f word is not. You need to use the blur spoiler if you want to use expletives.
Just ask me about my joy and using expletives.
The blur spoiler was likely implemented specifically because of me. I tended to swear freely on other social media sites. Ha! I use the blur spoiler often. I’ll see if I can find the instructions for you. They were written up here in the forum.

Here you go:

(Chris) #43

Shit, I thought the blur was automatic…

(Chris) #44

Um, people with lung cancer shouldn’t smoke, period. My statement was intended for healthy people, not meant to be taken as epidemiological.

Healthy people can get lung cancer from smoking pot, so they should know that there is a risk, it’s very much like tobacco. Marihuana is not harmless, in particular in the case of daily use. Sometimes benefits are higher than risks, yes, but don’t spread the message it’s harmless, please.

(Justin Traer) #46

It’s hard to say. For what it’s worth, I saw it as an implicit threat.

Not automatic no. However, admin fairies can come along and wave their magic blur spoiler wand and make it so!

(Chris) #48

Not trying to be argumentative here, but who has contracted lung cancer specifically from smoking only cannabis? Is there a case you can point to?

(Lonnie Hedley) #50

No. No there is not.

(Mike) #51

I would love to see the science on cancer rates caused by Pot. I have always “known” it was lower risk than cigarettes but as I think about it that knowledge is totally anecdotal.

It should be, it seems a bit cumbersome to expect regular members to use a specific BB code every time they use a certain word. I’m on a few other forums and profanity censors automatically kick in. Maybe the software this forum uses isn’t as advanced?

(Rob) #53

There are so many ways to take MJ these days and what is taken is so much more refined than ever before. The extraction and separation of the thousands of cannabinoids from the THC has enormous and profound medicinal use potential with all the big pharmas desperate to jump on the wagon when federally legalized. Smoking it combined with baccy is going to decline as vaping specific MJ compounds will make it better (and hopefully safer).
Out in the park these days, passing hawkers who used to push beer water or ice cream… now the profit is in offering MJ edibles for a mellow afternoon.

(Allie) #54

The tobacco it’s smoked with is a more likely culprit…

I don’t smoke anything, I don’t take any drugs, I don’t drink alcohol - my choice because I value my health / mind / body and like keeping control rather than giving that control away to any substances. But it’s a free will thing and no one has the right to judge / criticise someone else’s choice when it has no impact on their life at all. If it affected them directly that’s something else and qualifies them to at least have an opinion and some input (I live with an alcoholic and it’s bl**dy hard work). I have friends who are stoners and they’re lovely people. I’d rather spend time with a stoner than a drunk anytime.

(Vicki Stroud) #55

I also live with an alcoholic and I agree with it being hard work, perhaps the reason he had never been able to keep a woman before for very long. But my choice to explore marijuana is totally medicinal purposes as meds aren’t working for me.

(Allie) #56

The medicinal benefit has been proved time and time again, it really works I know. One of my good friends lives in agony but refuses to try it which is very sad as I’m sure it would make her life a lot better.

(Consensus is Politics) #57

I’m sorry, but I’m on the cops side on this. I never did drugs of any kind as a kid. And I grew up in San Francisco in the 60’s and 70’s. That in itself might be why I abstained. I saw the effects of it first hand. I had an uncle that was probably the supplier to every hippie in the city. He had friends in all the bay area rock groups, as well as the sports teams. They all knew where to get the good stuff. Good ol’ uncle Ralph. He passed away in his early 60’s from lung cancer.

I also didnt drink alcohol for the same reason. Growing up I saw the effects of it first hand. Dad, Grandpa, both alcoholics. I could never understand why someone would want to ‘dull’ their senses in that way, not for recreational use. I can understand medicinal use, but please, I know dozens of people that get it for “medicinal reasons” but they admit its just easier to get it that way so they can get high.

Yes, I judge alcohol in the same group as marijuana. Even then, I understand the want/need to have both of them as a social use drug. That’s fine. I agree what a person does in their own home is their business. Keep the G’ment out of my private life. But when it effects others directly, like having an inebriated driver on the road, I think our laws are just a bit too lax, should be treated more like attempted murder. THAT ALCOHOLIC made a choice to drink that booze. He could have drove home sober, and decided not to. My personal opinion, first time offense DWI/DUI should lose their drivers licence for a year. Second time offense, permanent ban with any vehicle on public roads, including non licensed vehicles like scooters, golf carts, bicycles. You see, I’ve seen what happens first hand when someone drives drunk. I’ve been in the Neurological ICU at LLUMC to visit my wife (exwife) and saw kids that… well, lets just say it’s been 25 years since then and it still gives me nightmares. You cant unsee certain things.

(Consensus is Politics) #58

I’m afraid most of the data we see on it is going to be skewed in either direction, for one reason or another. You seldome get to see ALL the data. Most scientists it seems are lazy (I base this when reading things about other illnesses, diseases, disasters, ozone holes, global warming, etc… just too much correlation, with out causation). Case in point… Type 2 diabetes. For most of us with it, there is a cure. But main stream doctors DONT WANT TO CURE it just TREAT IT, because they dont beleive it can be cured, because they dont get to see all the data. When they do see the real data, like Dr Jason Fung did, they come to realize the lie.

I’ve been reading some studies recently that are showing now that skin cancer isnt caused by sun exposure at all. That in fact, using sunscreen increases the chance of malinoma (sp) and that higher levels of the hormone known as Vitamin D3 lowers the risk of almost all cancers substantially. In them selves those studies are no better than the mainstream accepted studies, but they are often of the same quality of study. But just like with Ketogenics, there is resistance to accept it.

OK, I need to go. I can see I’m gonna get myself all riled on on these subjects. My blood pressure is making my ears ring.

I need bacon. My drug of choice.

(Chris) #59

Well this turned into a dumpster fire. I did not post this question to get peoples opinion on weed. I wanted someone who could answer my question. Nobody cares if you approve or disapprove of weed.

(Vicki Stroud) #60

As I said in an rarleearlier post I have never even tried it. My brothers were both heavily into drugs, alcoholic step dad, I am married to an alcoholic. But me meds barely do anything for my severe case of RLS. Some nights it gets so bad I quite honestly would rather be dead. So if Marijuana will work I will try it after I have researched on which strain should work best. And it is legal in my state. My neurologist has been pushing me toward it, he would have prescribed it but he is in the next state over not licensed in my state.

(Mike W.) #61

They took hair from my armpit…

(Mike W.) #62

Who still SMOKES pot? It’s 2017.