Stoner keto has a question

(Allie) #22

I actually took Rusty’s police officer comment as a joke…

Oh! maybe he’ll be back on to clarify. It was just three comments in the same vein, so …

(Mark Rhodes) #24

I agree. The first two comments could be interpreted either way. Without inflection it was difficult to know. The third comment

was extremely judgmental.

I neither condone or oppose the use of intoxicants. I have enough shit to deal with in my life to keep me busy without having to get involved in telling someone else how to live their’s.

ruh roh, do I have to worry about anything I took in college? :slight_smile: That could totally be stored on my butt somewhere.

Creepy question to ask someone on the internet, it doesn’t matter if you’re a cop or not.

Also, where I live (and in a growing number of other places) it’s legal for both medicinal and recreational use. You can’t enforce your local laws on the rest of the world, they don’t apply everywhere else.

(Chris) #27

And the only thing dangerous about it is that it’s illegal.

(Justin Traer) #28

Where do you live? Where do you patrol?

I’d like to know so that I never have to a run in with the likes of you.

(Justin Traer) #29

Could it be the infamous ‘Runner’s High’?

(KCKO, KCFO) #30

Not Richard but I know the answer to this one.
As someone who worked in a place that required drug testing at random, most tests can go back as far as a month, there is one test that can find traces of THC or cocaine up to 3 months back. So unless you just graduated recently that would be a no.

(Allie) #31

But with LSD you can still have flashbacks decades later, so who knows where that’s stored away… :open_mouth:

(KCKO, KCFO) #32

Old urban myth, loved by the Nixon era cops.

(Chris) #33

Do hair follicle tests go back further? I had to take one once and they told me 6 months IIRC.

(Ana Goitia) #34

I don’t know the science accurately behind this, but yes it’s definitely a thing and " normal" when you’re a stoner. My ex is a stoner and when he is on keto and smokes, he goes to infinity and beyond!

(Mike) #35

I’d give you mine but, being in Oregon it would not matter one bit :slight_smile: That being said I think that heavy users of pot are far better off than heavy users of Alcohol. Like many things in life moderation is the key, if my wife did not have a hit now and then she would probably have a nervous breakdown as she cannot stop working her mental checklists without it. edit: ok I thought this was giving the wrong impression of her. She is a VERY hard working and high earning individual, she just cannot turn it off.

I was thinking of decades old LSD. :slight_smile:

(KCKO, KCFO) #37

Our tests were urine, blood testing and a spit in a tube type test. I did tech support for energy ,transportation and banking companies, so had lots of tests to put up with, but I have no experience with the hair test. I was never asked for hair. So I had to go looking and found this info:

https://www.health-street.net/blog-drug-testing/hair-drug-testing-facts-and-myths/

I wonder if hair tests could be considered discrimination since if someone is bald or hairless they cannot be tested in the same way as someone who is hairy which is based on genetics

Sounds like if you are bald and used drugs 6 months ago you should probably do a full body shave!

I thought Rusty was kidding about the address personally

(Mike) #39

I am sure he was kidding, it was just a good opportunity to tease him as I tease my brother in law who is also in law enforcement :sunglasses:

(Allie) #40

Going off topic but this reminds me of a news story I read a few weeks back. A man who was alcoholic and taking drugs was ordered by court to have hair strand testing as proof he was clean so he could keep access to his kids, but he decided to shave every hair off his body before the test so it couldn’t be done. They did a blood test instead and his kids were removed.

That’s not true. It has indeed some uses, but it can provoke lung cancer (when smoked) and it is correlated with poor mental health (causation is still debated). Some people get addicted and it can really have serious consequences on their quality of life. Nevertheless it seems less dangerous than other legal over-the-counter drugs or alcohol, so there is no obvious reasons to make it illegal and spend shitloads of money to chase and lock people up.