Stokies' goal!

(Carolyn aka stokies) #1

I am beyond happy - I’ve made my personal goal of losing 100 pounds in a calendar year since starting keto end of June last year :heart:

If I was gonna miss it, I was ok with that - but yet as the fates decided, it HAPPENED!

Just wanted to share, as people around me don’t notice, oddly enough. And if I can do this, then ANYONE can. I am 43, married, and in doctoral studies while working full time and juggling a part-time internship. I had been pushing 290. I had to get a physical for school and didn’t like my A1C. My mom’s death was also a wake-up call 6 months previously, due to unmanaged diabetes. I recommitted to low-carb but found more about keto and June 28 I started full on with that. I never imagined I would get this far and know I still have about 40 more to lose. But I am happy with even slow progress because I have gained so many health improvements. I no longer wake up in pain, trying to get out of bed. My knees don’t creak. My back no longer spasms. My mental clarity is skyrocketing once I started fasting too. That didn’t get implemented until September. However, all in all, I will strive to not complain about how slow my losses are now. I lost 1/3 of my body weight. It is going to take time to recalibrate and I don’t have sagging skin. Bonus!

Hang in there - as corny as I always thought it sound, do something today your future self will thank you for. This was absolutely the case for me.

CELEBRATE and LIVE your life the best each day. No one is gonna get there in a hot minute, so might as well enjoy it for all the moments it is gonna take :wink:

(Carl Keller) #2

Great job Stokies! Your attitude and determination are an inspiration. :wink:

(Polly) #3

Inspiring result. Well done Stokies.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

Yay for you! That is amazing progress. :+1:

(George) #5

Wow!! Congrats, you look amazing!

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #6

Way to go Stokies!!! :purple_heart::heart_eyes_cat::dizzy::boom::100: You are amazing and an inspiration!

Yes they do, they just don’t know what to say and are afraid of offending you. But they notice and they are cheering you on, silently :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(hottie turned hag) #7

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: wth are they blind

You look fabulous :tulip:

(Jane) #8

Amazing job!

(Susan) #9

Congratulations, you look fantastic!

I agree with @BlueViolet if people around you didn’t notice, they must indeed be blind… like what a big difference!

Well done, that is really great =).

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #10

Congratulations! Good work.

(Carolyn aka stokies) #11

No sadly - while I wish that was the case - they have no issues with offending me. Those who do notice tend to say things less than awesome. I am still called fat and a variety of disparaging comments - so I just roll with it. Things like- big deal - you are still fat so why keep trying… or you are not any prettier anyway - or EVEN BETTER - they get mad.

whatevs - it’s their problem - not mine :wink:

(Susan) #12

That makes me angry at them, they are probably all jealous of you…

You are not fat at all, you look amazing, and you are a very attractive lady, so they are really not nice… (being polite here)…

We all think you look great, keep Ketoing on and ignore them all =).

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #13

Yikes! You are definitely plugging through in a hostile environment. They must be jealous or threatened by your success. You are GORGEOUS, your success is inspiring, and you are obviously a strong warrior! I’m sorry that folks are so mean.

Whatever, you will outlive them by decades. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::tulip:

(Carolyn aka stokies) #14

Rolling in the bacon love :wink: Thank you for the kind words!

(Scott) #15

Congratulations @stokiesgoneketo way to go! When looked at the title all I could think of is that the goal should have been more like a soccer announcer. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL

(hottie turned hag) #16

Jealous af.
Bi**ches be dat way :roll_eyes:

(Anne Brodie) #17

So sorry to hear you’ve had the pain of the death of your mom. You have taken charge of your health, your attitude literally shines out, and you look radiant. I imagine your mom to be bursting with pride.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #18

You look amazing! Haters gonna hate :wink: congrats :confetti_ball:

(Carolyn aka stokies) #19

Thanks everyone :heavy_heart_exclamation:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #20

Yo I had to stop by and say that you look great! Curves all day long. No offense, just looks great! :grin: