Still not feeling good

Day 4 on Keto. I either have a head ache or Nausea. How long until my body adjusts? Tips?

(Samantha Drewry) #2

I’m on day 3. Lots of water and bone broth has helped me. I also made this…

I think it was more of a mood booster than anything else but it was so good and made me think “okay, I can do this”.

(Hoteski) #3

Took me at least a week to adjust once I fully committed and and other week to start feeling better than I did before the diet. I was recommended ashwaganda drops and maca powder as they are adaptogenic and help your body transition from s very different diet. Also helps me loose the weight . I had to reduce my fat consumption as I felt nausea alot and that helped as my body just couldn’t tolerate the level of fat suggested on the diet . But what I have found is that I can listen to my own bodies needs now where as before I never listened to it

(Britain Davidson) #4

For the last 7 days I have felt so sick. I’ve been in the bathroom a lot and super nauseous with a migraine a few of those days. It’s been brutal but I remember last summer when I went keto it lasted about a week then went away. So I’m hoping tomorrow I will start to feel better. I heard that adding more salt into your diet helps.

(Jay AM) #5

Sorry I didn’t see this sooner. Welcome to the forums and ketosis. You’re probably experiencing the keto flu and, you don’t have to. Check this topic for recipes for ketoaide (it’s like gatorade with actual electrolyte benefits.)

The basic “rules” I go by and many others can agree with especially for beginners are:

*20g net carbs max (you might tolerate more but, starting out, 20g net carbs or less will get you into ketosis.)
*Moderate protein (1g-1.5g per kg of lean bodyweight is a good goal based on the 2 Dudes recommendations.)

*Fat to satiety (add fat to every meal and, if you are hungry, eat more fat. Don’t be afraid of fat. It is energy.)

*Do not restrict calories

*Drink plenty of water

*Get plenty of sodium and other electrolytes